The best bits of a chicken are...

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
8:53 AM
Do you prefer thighs, legs or breast meat? Perhaps chicken wings? Some say that the 'oysters' are the real chefs' treat. They are certainly moist, tender and tasty. How about chicken liver? Its great in pate. Or... chicken feet (is that a thing?) anyone?

Generally, I've tended to use chicken thighs in most dishes because they are a little bit fatty, which adds to taste and chicken breast tends to be a little dry and bland. However, recently I've been using chicken breasts 'en papillote'. This method seems to keep them much moister and tender.

What are your favourite parts of chicken?

Do you prefer thighs, legs or breast meat? Perhaps chicken wings? Some say that the 'oysters' are the real chefs' treat. They are certainly moist, tender and tasty. How about chicken liver? Its great in pate. Or... chicken feet (is that a thing?) anyone?

Generally, I've tended to use chicken thighs in most dishes because they are a little bit fatty, which adds to taste and chicken breast tends to be a little dry and bland. However, recently I've been using chicken breasts 'en papillote'. This method seems to keep them much moister and tender.

I mainly like the drumsticks. breast & wings. The thighs have too much fat!! :wink:

Roast chicken I prefer breasts, kebabs and curries I prefer thighs, I hate the leg part. My daughter is always hovering when I'm cutting up a chicken, she grabs the oysters.

Russ

I think Americans are conditioned to like the breast, followed maybe by the wings. I’ve never understood the appeal of wings, which have maybe one bite of meat in each one.

I went away from the breast for a while because it is pretty plain without proper seasoning, and it can get dry easily. The thigh is my favorite if I’m picking based on flavor.

But, I’ve gone back to the breast because I can make ridiculously lean sausage from it: the seasoning makes all the difference.

For the ultimate moist chicken breast try cooking them sous vide.

I think Americans are conditioned to like the breast, followed maybe by the wings. I’ve never understood the appeal of wings, which have maybe one bite of meat in each one.

I went away from the breast for a while because it is pretty plain without proper seasoning, and it can get dry easily. The thigh is my favorite if I’m picking based on flavor.

But, I’ve gone back to the breast because I can make ridiculously lean sausage from it: the seasoning makes all the difference.

Its not the wings, but the copious amounts of beer that go with them!:cheers:

Thighs are pretty much our go to.

Can I choose ALL the bits?

I do like breast for some things, and on a roast I'll usually choose it. Its also good for a ballotine. For curries I prefer thighs. Also on the BBQ I like skin-on thighs or drumsticks. I really like wings too..I grill them before tossing in sauce. My favourite pate is chicken liver. And as for the oysters...... well that's a secret that I don't tell anyone lol

It all depends on what you're cooking!

Can I choose ALL the bits?

I do like breast for some things, and on a roast I'll usually choose it. Its also good for a ballotine. For curries I prefer thighs. Also on the BBQ I like skin-on thighs or drumsticks. I really like wings too..I grill them before tossing in sauce. My favourite pate is chicken liver. And as for the oysters...... well that's a secret that I don't tell anyone lol

It all depends on what you're cooking!

Totally true! The only thing I haven't mastered is the wings. I need your recipe.

Back
Top Bottom