The Cookbook Game #1

I will be making this recipe later this week.

Since I probably have too many cookbooks, I'll start my next counting for the next recipe from the second row down. I figure if I state this out front, I'll get a good chance of getting through the cookbooks. AND you won't have to put the number at 50 or something...

View attachment 30484

(And, ahem, the eggs don't count...)
That's more than 50! Even my short shelf got to 40 which stunned me

20190805_083355-jpg.jpg

View attachment 30475

This is the only cookbook I have at present. It was first published in Sydney in 1971. I borrowed it off Mum following the sad passing of Mrs Fulton last month, and yesterday used it to make a chicken liver pate which I'll enter in to the Cookbook Game. I was very pleased with the outcome. Link to recipe here: https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/chicken-liver-pate-vintage-recipe.15902/

View attachment 30476

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!! You are the first one to complete the game.

Thank you very much for playing. I really appreciate it.

Ok, if we have to use a cook book, it'll be Justin Wilson's "Homegrown Louisiana Cookin".

Craig, I have 4 of his books. And back in 1990, I taped 12 of his shows. Gosh, I sure miss him.

So glad you are playing the game. Thank you.

Last edited:
My entry is from Antionio Carluccio's Italian Feasts. Its an open raviolo filled with mushrooms using home-made pasta. It was time for me to practice making pasta again as I haven't made any in a long while. A detailed description and evaluation can be found here: Open Raviolo with Mushrooms (Raviolo Aperto con Funghi)

fullsizeoutput_4eb3.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_4ec5.jpeg

Morning Glory, you are one tough act to follow. I read your post on the other thread. You do have a beautiful way with words. Mushrooms, what more can I say other than....

GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much for playing.

Morning Glory, you are one tough act to follow. I read your post on the other thread. You do have a beautiful way with words. Mushrooms, what more can I say other than....

GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much for playing.

Thank you kindly. There is another dish I'd like to try from that book - vegetarian again.

Yup, I miss him as well as Paul Prudhomme!
Yes, miss him also. I have 3 of his books and 24 of his shows taped. What I loved about Paul Prudhomme was almost every recipe came with a long list of spices and herbs. We've made quite a few of his recipes. I love the name of this one from his book "Fiery Foods That I Love." Made it for my game back in 2007. It received a Very Good rating. It was called "The Best Da*ned Grilled Chicken I Ever Ate!" The seasoning paste has 17 ingredients. :eek::bbq:

UPDATE:

So far, the game is going great. We have 8 players, 8 cookbooks being used and so far 6 recipes being made/or made.
Thanks everyone!!!!

Back
Top Bottom