The Cookbook Game #1

we have 6 players and some very interesting cookbooks.
I'll sadly have to back out, as the time constraint is just too short for me.

...and I should read all the responses before responding myself. :oops:

Last edited:
I'll sadly have to back out, as the time constraint is just too short for me.

...and I should read all the responses before responding myself. :oops:

The deadline is provisional anyway - a few people have said they can't enter by the deadline so we can extend it if necessary.

I have just one published cookbook in my possession at present, but would like to enter because it's a book by an iconic Aussie cook who passed away last month. I have actually collected a lot of fantastic cook books over the years, but they're no longer in my possession. Umm....no need to go in to details of why.

Do I need to post the recipe in another thread? I just cooked it today and it's a lovely recipe despite being first published in 1971.

I have just one published cookbook in my possession at present, but would like to enter because it's a book by an iconic Aussie cook who passed away last month.

I know who that is - I have two of her books. Your entry meets criteria anyway - if less that 14 books you simply repeat count the row of books from the beginning until you get to 14!

Do I need to post the recipe in another thread? I

Yes please. Just put a link it back here and a photo if you like (as with the other challenge threads).

I know who that is - I have two of her books. Your entry meets criteria anyway - if less that 14 books you simply repeat count the row of books from the beginning until you get to 14!

Yes please. Just put a link it back here and a photo if you like (as with the other challenge threads).

Thanks @morning glory . I actually photographed the recipe from the book. Can I just post the pic of it in that other thread, or would I need to type it out?

P1060333fb.jpg

This is the only cookbook I have at present. It was first published in Sydney in 1971. I borrowed it off Mum following the sad passing of Mrs Fulton last month, and yesterday used it to make a chicken liver pate which I'll enter in to the Cookbook Game. I was very pleased with the outcome. Link to recipe here: https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/chicken-liver-pate-vintage-recipe.15902/

P1060325fb.jpg

I will be making this recipe later this week.

Since I probably have too many cookbooks, I'll start my next counting for the next recipe from the second row down. I figure if I state this out front, I'll get a good chance of getting through the cookbooks. AND you won't have to put the number at 50 or something...

cookbooks-all-.jpg

(And, ahem, the eggs don't count...)

Back
Top Bottom