The Cookbook Game #2

Hi everyone

Before you know it, it will be time for me to pick the number for the cookbook we will be using next. I was wondering if you all wouldn't mind telling me how many cookbooks you are working with. No sense picking a number that is too high and have everyone counting over and over. lol Thanks!!!

Around 150 (ish)

Hi everyone

Before you know it, it will be time for me to pick the number for the cookbook we will be using next. I was wondering if you all wouldn't mind telling me how many cookbooks you are working with. No sense picking a number that is too high and have everyone counting over and over. lol Thanks!!!
I'm wondering, and is just a thought, if this would be better off ad a separate thread so that any newcomers to the game will know to post a value up in future? I can easily do a poll or something similar if you think it would be easier? We've got a few guides as to how many books are on a shelf from photos I and others have posted up. It will be easy to link it to the first post of each game so newcomers see it.

Otherwise my answer is exactly 40. 37 of which I have cooked from before but all have recipes in them I've not yet cooked.

Unfortunately, I'm dropping out of this game. I can't keep up. For me, the monthly games work better because the pace is a little slower, with more time to plan things a little farther out.

I'll still be making the snickerdoodles, but those are on my schedule for a couple of weeks from now.

I'm wondering, and is just a thought, if this would be better off ad a separate thread so that any newcomers to the game will know to post a value up in future? I can easily do a poll or something similar if you think it would be easier? We've got a few guides as to how many books are on a shelf from photos I and others have posted up. It will be easy to link it to the first post of each game so newcomers see it.

Otherwise my answer is exactly 40. 37 of which I have cooked from before but all have recipes in them I've not yet cooked.

Good idea - post it as a new thread with a link to this thread perhaps. Poll - how many cookbooks? 0 to 10 - 11- 20 or whatever etc.

Unfortunately, I'm dropping out of this game. I can't keep up. For me, the monthly games work better because the pace is a little slower, with more time to plan things a little farther out.

I'll still be making the snickerdoodles, but those are on my schedule for a couple of weeks from now.

To clarify. There is only one monthly game - Cookingbites Dish of the Month

The CookingBites Recipe Challenge is 3 weeks (unless it gets extended which sometimes happens).

There is also a Prize Challenge which is occasional and I'm holding back on that right now due to slow entries for the other challenges.

morning glory, thank you-I think I can count that high. lol

SatNave, thank you - I just need a general idea, no need to go to all that trouble.

TastyReuben, I would hate to see you drop out. You have such good ideas. Please reconsider. :cry:

TastyReuben, I would hate to see you drop out. You have such good ideas. Please reconsider. :cry:
Thanks, I appreciate it. I know my personality, though, and I've felt fairly stressed out since this one started.

I love the idea of it, it's a great game, but the deadlines are just too aggressive for me, coupled with the way each iteration of the game is overlapping (meaning game #2 isn't done yet and we're already talking about game #3)...my mind just doesn't work that way, I'm not a juggler or multitasker by any means, and I'm feeling overwhelmed by the constant "go go go" aspect of the game. It's more like work than a game for me.

You know how in the movies, someone always says, "It's not you, it's me," but they really mean it is you? Believe me when I tell you, sincerely, that it's definitely me, not you or the game. I'm a hopeless planner and slow as a turtle, which just doesn't match up well in this case.

Like I said, though, it's a good game, so I'll still be reading it from the sidelines and looking forward to everyone else's contributions! :)

Thanks, I appreciate it. I know my personality, though, and I've felt fairly stressed out since this one started.

I love the idea of it, it's a great game, but the deadlines are just too aggressive for me, coupled with the way each iteration of the game is overlapping (meaning game #2 isn't done yet and we're already talking about game #3)...my mind just doesn't work that way, I'm not a juggler or multitasker by any means, and I'm feeling overwhelmed by the constant "go go go" aspect of the game. It's more like work than a game for me.

You know how in the movies, someone always says, "It's not you, it's me," but they really mean it is you? Believe me when I tell you, sincerely, that it's definitely me, not you or the game. I'm a hopeless planner and slow as a turtle, which just doesn't match up well in this case.

Like I said, though, it's a good game, so I'll still be reading it from the sidelines and looking forward to everyone else's contributions! :)
How about this? We make an exception in your case and have you post in all the games, (hopefully, there will be more to come) whenever YOU are ready to do so? And just ignore my comments about "go go go". That is just me. It has been hard for me to wait for an extra week to post the next game. I just have too much time on my hands to sit around waiting sooo long. lol Please understand. And please, take your time. Play the game at your own pace. I understand, none of us needs more stress in our lives. OK?

@cookieee - if I understand correctly, I can just post when I want? For example, the cookies I planned on making for this round, I have on my schedule for 9/14 - so I would just post those then?

If that's what you mean, I can do that. I guess since the game isn't the kind that really has a winner, I wouldn't be mucking it up for someone else.

Thanks for bending the rules, but if other players don't like that, please speak up. I don't want any bad feelings over what is definitely my foible, and if I can't fit the game, that's on me.

@cookieee - if I understand correctly, I can just post when I want? For example, the cookies I planned on making for this round, I have on my schedule for 9/14 - so I would just post those then?

If that's what you mean, I can do that. I guess since the game isn't the kind that really has a winner, I wouldn't be mucking it up for someone else.

Thanks for bending the rules, but if other players don't like that, please speak up. I don't want any bad feelings over what is definitely my foible, and if I can't fit the game, that's on me.
If the recipe came from one of your cookbooks. The idea is still to have everyone use their cookbooks. Does that work?

I think if everyone gets to use their cookbooks, that makes us ALL winners.

Counted my cookbooks. 130. Ish.

I'll just come in from different directions as indicated. I like this concept, as I DO want to use my cookbooks more than I do. (I have been using them for ideas, and I am seriously looking forward to trying recipes from one or another of my two cheese-making cookbooks - which at my old home I could not remotely begin to do).

I am happy with two or three week stints for recipes. Things are a bit difficult this time around as I'm finalizing everything I have to do to sell my old home (closing date is Sept 6th). But I should get one of the recipes uploaded here...

If the recipe came from one of your cookbooks. The idea is still to have everyone use their cookbooks. Does that work?

I think if everyone gets to use their cookbooks, that makes us ALL winners.
Yep, I can work around that. Thank you! I'll just use a different cookbook each time.

For the record, I have 14 cookbooks. I had about 35, but I offloaded about half.

Counted my cookbooks. 130. Ish.

I'll just come in from different directions as indicated. I like this concept, as I DO want to use my cookbooks more than I do. (I have been using them for ideas, and I am seriously looking forward to trying recipes from one or another of my two cheese-making cookbooks - which at my old home I could not remotely begin to do).

I am happy with two or three week stints for recipes. Things are a bit difficult this time around as I'm finalizing everything I have to do to sell my old home (closing date is Sept 6th). But I should get one of the recipes uploaded here...
Thanks for the count. So far, this is helping me a lot. As they say, I am getting ballpark figures. (is that what they say?lol)
Please, don't worry, I understand you have a lot going on. You can always catch us on the next round.
I really do not expect everyone to play every game. When you can, you can. lol

Here is one thing people with a lot of cookbooks could do. You are using #33 this game. Next games # (for example) is 16. Count 16 from your #33. That way you can move on down the line to the end of your cookbooks rather than go back to #1. Did I make sense? lol

Back
Top Bottom