The Cookbook Game #2

Here is one thing people with a lot of cookbooks could do. You are using #33 this game. Next games # (for example) is 16. Count 16 from your #33. That way you can move on down the line to the end of your cookbooks rather than go back to #1. Did I make sense? lol
That makes perfect sense to me . Everyone could actually do the same, so that everyone reaches the end of their cookbooks shelf!
It would also work if you'd had to miss a round for whatever reason.

Hi #cookieee
This sounds a fun game that will get me using the cookbooks sitting at home not being used. This month has been out for me with house guests (unadventurous with food) and I've been away for a couple of weeks. Once back in routine I'll count my cookbooks. I've just inherited some from my mother-in-law so I've not tried any recipes yet.

Hi #cookieee
This sounds a fun game that will get me using the cookbooks sitting at home not being used. This month has been out for me with house guests (unadventurous with food) and I've been away for a couple of weeks. Once back in routine I'll count my cookbooks. I've just inherited some from my mother-in-law so I've not tried any recipes yet.
Hi Herbie, so glad to hear you will be playing. (love your name, DH's name is Herb, guess what I call him? lol)

Hi everyone

Before you know it, it will be time for me to pick the number for the cookbook we will be using next. I was wondering if you all wouldn't mind telling me how many cookbooks you are working with. No sense picking a number that is too high and have everyone counting over and over. lol Thanks!!!

About 75 for me.

Thanks Mama, still planning on making your bacon and spinach Quiche?

Wow!!! Hey, so far we have a total of 409 cookbooks. Look at all the good stuff that we will be able to share with each other. I'm having fun, hope you all are also.!!!!!

PS That's not counting my cookbooks, forgot about that. That makes the total over 700 !!!!!!

We will all be cooking up a storm!!!! lol

Cooked today... the baked risotto...

I only got chance to snap a quick shot of it on the plates. It was very tasty and one we both would like to do again. We had to substitute the type of mushrooms and I'd chop the rainbow chard differently (making use of the stalks as well) but I'd happily recommend it. Yes, it was a touch runny but that had more to do with the cook and the oven.

20190829_143025.jpg
20190829_143134.jpg

I'll try to get the recipe written up today or tomorrow (80th birthday is today so we might be a little busy).

Cooked today... the baked risotto...

I only got chance to snap a quick shot of it on the plates. It was very tasty and one we both would like to do again. We had to substitute the type of mushrooms and I'd chop the rainbow chard differently (making use of the stalks as well) but I'd happily recommend it. Yes, it was a touch runny but that had more to do with the cook and the oven.

View attachment 31361 View attachment 31362

I'll try to get the recipe written up today or tomorrow (80th birthday is today so we might be a little busy).
Finally written it up and commented on it.

https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/baked-sage-risotto-with-mushrooms-chard.16186/

Sopa de Avellanas (Hazlenut Soup)

It worked out well. Very quick to make. I used a coffee grinder to grind the nuts to a paste. I had to guess the amount of saffron (how much is 'a sachet'?) and used a large pinch. The soup came out very thick - more like a British bread sauce - so I added a little extra stock, to get it to pouring consistency.

I think its basically a good recipe - simple and fast with a touch of sophistication from the saffron. A good soup for Autumn.

fullsizeoutput_50ad.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_50a9.jpeg

Thanks Mama, still planning on making your bacon and spinach Quiche?

Hi! Well we came home yesterday. My husband's Grandmother passed. Now I'm doing hurricane preparation. Sorry I didn't make the Quiche. I want to join round 3. I'll post in round 3 later today.

Back
Top Bottom