The Cookbook Game #4

cookieee

Local time
1:43 PM
Welcome to the Cookbook Game #4
September 15th 2019 thru September 29th 2019

What is the game all about and how do we play it?

The game is all about your cookbooks. If you are like me, you have cookbooks that have just been sitting on the shelves and haven't been opened in years. What a waste. This game is designed to change that.

First, count how many cookbooks you have. For each game, I will pick a number and that will be the cookbook you will be using for that game. If you don't have that # of cookbooks, count over till you reach that number. Or, if you wish, continue to count from where you left off the last time you played. Then post what cookbook you will be using and tell us something about that book, if you want to. Then pick a recipe to make. The recipe should be one you haven't made before. Post the recipe in full as a new thread, tag it the cookbook game #4 and place a link back to it in this thread. Please include the title of the cookbook and the date of publication.

If, in the course of making the recipe, you find you need to make minor adjustments to get it to work (for example, increasing the cooking time to ensure the dish is properly cooked through, for health and safety reasons) then please explain what you did and why, in the recipe review. Otherwise, please make the recipe as written.

Cookbook # 24

and/or

Author last name starting with H

The deadline for entries has been extended until midday Wednesday 2nd October (GMT + 1)

Happy Cooking

Last edited by a moderator:
Same here

#24 "Fork in the Road" - Paul Prudhomme

H
Hazen, Janet - 1 book
Hirsch, George - 4 books

A LOT to choose from, back later.

We haven't decided on what book or recipe to use yet. Can't get DH to stop working around the house. Now he is off helping a friend. :facepalm:

How are you doing? Better luck, I hope.

Jo, forgot to ask, do you mind sharing how many cookbooks you have. I have asked everyone so I can have a general idea what numbers to use.

Also, I am open to suggestions. Do you have a cookbook that you are anxious to try? The first player to submit a # or letter, that will be our next game.

Last edited:
Don't you have a vegetarian cookbook you would like to use, or a cookbook with a vegetarian recipe in it?

By counting, the only recipes I want to make are recipes using fish sauce (at the minimum) in a Korean cookbook. Or including ingredients I won't be off at the Korean grocery to purchase for a couple of weeks.

I am now looking through authors beginning with H, and I may have one or two to choose from. More later.

I don't on the whole like the recipes from my book 24, the Mediterranean Vegan Kitchen by Donna Klein.

But I also have 3 books where their last name stays with H, three Middle Eastern Vegetarian Cookbook by Salma Hage, Vegan Richa's Indian Kitchen by Richa Hingle and finally Pure & Beautiful Vegan Cooking by Kathleen Henry.

We plan our meals on a Friday and do our shopping on Saturday. It's not possible to amend the menu during the week. However, but chance I happen to have a new meal planned from the second book, Vegan Richa's Indian Kitchen by Richa Hingle, so will do that one! Spicy Southern Indian Tofu Scramble which are planned for another pancake style challenge later in the week as well, maybe even as late as Friday.

Back
Top Bottom