The Cookbook Game #4

UPDATE

Only 5 more days left in Game #4. Sad to say this, but, so far, I am the only one to complete the game. It is soooo lonly. :cry:

MG, sorry, I have looked all over this game and can not find your comment on the recipe. Help me out please.

Right, I have sorted out a problem with the tags. there were actually 2 separate tags for both this round and the last round. The "official" one started with the word "The" and the unofficial one starting without the word the.... I have merged all into each other (round applicable) and added the unofficial version as a synonym. Please keep up there at the back...

To avoid this happening with future rounds can everyone please note that if they can't find the official tag, don't go and make one... otherwise your entries will get missed.

And to my entry... Recipe - Vegan Tofu Scramble done and we didn't really like it on day 1, but when it was reheated 24 hours later it was a lot more pleasant, though nothing to write home about sadly. I suspect we will stay with our original tofu scramble that we have been making for years and years.

Thanks SatNav for playing. I know how busy you are. And for correcting the problem.
you're welcome. I think most of us are just struggling with the timeframe to be honest. I know I have said it before and I understand why you want it short, but for most it is just a touch too short.

Could games overlap so that people could plan for the next game whilst this one is still running? that could be a way round the problem. It is just a lot of people do both plan meals and their weekly shop and do so at the end of the week or start of the weekend. I think this one runs until Sunday 29th IIRC, for me that is a problem because I will be planning & shopping for my meals on Saturday (28th). Thus game 5 can't even be considered until Saturday 5th because I simply won't have the fresh veg in until then, not to mention I will have already done the shopping the day before.

I do intend to join in the games/challenges but I'm struggling with time at the moment so only cooking my go-to recipes. Hopefully soon...
I really enjoyed it when I was taking part in cookingbites challenges.

MG, sorry, I have looked all over this game and can not find your comment on the recipe. Help me out please.

The comments are included in the recipe which is linked above - I really didn't want to repeat everything I'd already written. I would expect anyone interested in the recipe to look at the recipe. See Pork with Black Bean Sauce

If you want I'll copy & paste it all in this thread too. But you can't say I didn't comment on the recipe! :)

Could games overlap so that people could plan for the next game whilst this one is still running?

No - please no! I think that would get really messy. We already established before that games shouldn't overlap.

So I'm now confused about what is being proposed. That games start on Wednesdays and run for two weeks?

Hi all - I've been super busy over the last week or so, things have started to get back to normal now, however unfortunately I'm not sure I'll have time to take part in this game, unless I can do something Friday evening. I will do my best. I will find out what my #24 cookbook is later but I know I have a Paul Hollywood 'British Baking' cook book which has some nice looking recipes in.

I think most of us are just struggling with the timeframe to be honest.

That's reason 1A I've dropped out - the timeframe is too short.

Could games overlap so that people could plan for the next game whilst this one is still running?
That would spell disaster from where I'm sitting, trying to plan for one period while still cooking for another...that's a game-killer, which brings up reason 1B why I dropped out...the aggressiveness of the game. The short time I did play, I didn't feel like I was in a fun game, I felt like I was on the factory floor, trying to rush to an impossible deadline.
So I'm now confused about what is being proposed. That games start on Wednesdays and run for two weeks?
1A + 1B = 1C, the third part of why I dropped out - with the short timelines and constant pushing to get the next game started, it took me, what, just the second or third game to throw up my hands and quit, because I couldn't keep straight what recipe from which cookbook was for what week.

Personally, what makes sense (with any game, really) is to do it monthly. It's a natural break, it's easy to remember, it's plenty of time to get things sorted.

That's just me, though it might explain the lower-than-expected participation. I do think the concept of the game is a good one, I just don't understand the push for such a relentless pace.

Back
Top Bottom