The Cookbook Game #4

In the H books I have:

Donna Hay (Australian chef - signed copy I found in a charity shop)
Ambrose Heath - vintage books from and English cookery writer
Nicola Humbert - technically a book about the history of recipe books but it contains recipes too
and like jojopops70, a Paul Hollywood book

I have one planned from Donna Hay and possibly a second from Ambrose Heath.
Since you and jo have both mentioned Paul Hollywood, I looked him up. WOW!!!! I guess I better start watching that show. lol

"I am open to suggestions. Do you have a cookbook that you are anxious to try? The first player to submit a # or letter, that will be our next game."

I have not received any suggestions . So far, It looks like I will be picking the # and letter this Wed. Or will I? :scratchhead:

"I am open to suggestions. Do you have a cookbook that you are anxious to try? The first player to submit a # or letter, that will be our next game."

I have not received any suggestions . So far, It looks like I will be picking the # and letter this Wed. Or will I? :scratchhead:

Apologies, I missed that one.
How about Number 17 (I can't for the life on me get the hash symbol to work on my Australian layout keyboard using British English lettering for me to touch type!) and the letter D.

Both of which tie in with a book I would love to try to cook more from
Rachel Demuth's Green World Cookbook.
She had a restaurant in Bath, (in the UK), but sadly it closed down a number of years ago. We have 2 of her cookbooks which we love.

My #24 is 'The Great British Bake Off Celebrations' which also has recipies in by Paul Hollywood, this has a few more appealing recipies in so I think I'll go with this one. Hoping to make something this evening but if not, Sunday will be the day! Thanks for the extension 😊
IMG_4496.JPG

My #24 is 'The Great British Bake Off Celebrations' which also has recipies in by Paul Hollywood, this has a few more appealing recipies in so I think I'll go with this one. Hoping to make something this evening but if not, Sunday will be the day! Thanks for the extension 😊 View attachment 32665

I trust Paul Hollywood's recipes. I've got his book 'How to Bake' and it was from there that I learned how to make croissants. I'd tried and failed to make them before I used his recipe. Here is the result: Recipe - Butter Croissants

Apologies, I missed that one.
How about Number 17 (I can't for the life on me get the hash symbol to work on my Australian layout keyboard using British English lettering for me to touch type!) and the letter D.

Both of which tie in with a book I would love to try to cook more from
Rachel Demuth's Green World Cookbook.
She had a restaurant in Bath, (in the UK), but sadly it closed down a number of years ago. We have 2 of her cookbooks which we love.
Hi, #17 it is next week, thank you!!
My #24 is 'The Great British Bake Off Celebrations' which also has recipies in by Paul Hollywood, this has a few more appealing recipies in so I think I'll go with this one. Hoping to make something this evening but if not, Sunday will be the day! Thanks for the extension 😊 View attachment 32665
What, they don't have a picture of Paul on the cover? Crazy publishers. lol

"The deadline for entries has been extended until midday Wednesday 2nd October (GMT + 1)"
or

whenever I get up Wednesday to start the new game lol

I just counted for the heck of it and we have 100 actual cookbooks plus several little booklets plus 3 homemade cookbooks plus who knows how many (100 plus if I had to guess) food magazines.

I just haven't felt like playing in much of anything lately as I've been in a don't really want to cook mood for an extended time period, besides the fact that with the challenge, dish of the month and the cookbook games just feel kind of overwhelmed on top of the mood I've been in.

I just counted for the heck of it and we have 100 actual cookbooks plus several little booklets plus 3 homemade cookbooks plus who knows how many (100 plus if I had to guess) food magazines.

I just haven't felt like playing in much of anything lately as I've been in a don't really want to cook mood for an extended time period, besides the fact that with the challenge, dish of the month and the cookbook games just feel kind of overwhelmed on top of the mood I've been in.
Boy do I know what you mean. Not about cooking, (you know DH does all the cooking) but getting in the right mood to even do anything around the house. I hate those days. Hope your mood changes soon.

It really doesn't matter (although I've been missing your entries). We all get down times and to be honest I'm struggling a bit right now. It may not seem that way but I'm having to really push myself to cook & photograph things. Lots of day to day health issues getting to me... plus stressful family issues.

Back
Top Bottom