The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Alliums

I've added 3 weeks to the end date of the last round as the end date (mid week tend to suit the planners better because we typically shop on a Friday... :whistling: does that suit you? If not let me know. I've put a tbc alongside it as it is, so...

The date you put is the 3rd which is a Wednesday, not Thursday.... I'll correct it.

The date you put is the 3rd which is a Wednesday, not Thursday.... I'll correct it.
Don't worry, I've just written some cards on a panic thinking I needed to get it done before he came to bed... yeah could have done that whilst he was doing the shopping tomorrow.... I'm missing so many days right now. Can't sleep because of the back, the leg and so on. Wouldn't trust anything I've done personally, though I did actually cook 3 recipes for this challenge (a spring onion soup, a puy lentil salad that featured spring onions w quite prominently which was excellent btw, and a creamy courgette sauce with spring onions served over gnocchi. (Also very good). I even got photos of 2 of them.... just life got away from me.

We have "rice wine" here but I wouldn't have a clue how to cook with it. In fact I wouldn't go near it unless I was contemplating suicide. I'll stick with the grape variety of wine.

View attachment 57169

I use rice vinegar quite a lot. But, it seems that rice wine + white vinegar doesn't make rice vinegar (unlike red wine + white vinegar, which I do sometimes as a substitute for red wine vinegar).

Back
Top Bottom