The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Apples

83A8FFC3-A227-46CF-BBF5-85FB4F640D62.jpeg

Apple Ginger Soup. Link added!

Last edited:
Lovely! Do you make your own pastry?
I do, but not this time. I had less than an hour to go from nothing to pie-in-the-oven, so I took the shortcut and used store-bought refrigerated dough (Pillsbury) - one of the few pre-made dough products I actually like.

I was in the office yesterday, with an hour+ commute home, and the pork had been thawed for a couple of days, so I had to hit the kitchen hard and fast as soon as I stepped through the door, and I'm not a terribly fast cook on my best day, but this was a nice recipe, because there were several minutes between each step, which gave me time to catch my breath and reorganize my brain between instructions.

I do want to point out my little (failed) attempt at decoration: see the little bellybutton thingy in the middle? That's meant to be a pig's snout. I flattened a little piece of dough and cut slits in it, but between the dough rising a bit and the egg wash, the snout closed right up!

I'll be over to comment on actual recipes when I can. Had no electric power here for about 24 hours - anything you've seen from me on this site was from the phone when I wasn't at home. (I only get text messaging when at home on the phone, even on a good day. Bad cell reception at all times.) Which with phones rinky-dinky teensie-weensie polka-dot bikini keyboards means I really don't end up saying much of anything at all.

And even though I wear progressive lenses, I still have to take off my eyeglasses to read my phone. The idea that laptop days are numbered is anathema to me.

Back
Top Bottom