The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Apples

"Granny's Thai Pork Larb"

Finally got around to having a go this month. Was really happy with the result.

Recipe here: Recipe & Video - Granny's Thai Pork Larb

7064447E-D4A4-49F7-AB1A-5495CDE48450.jpeg

Fun fact: coconut flour cannot be substituted on a 1:1 basis for all purpose flour! I thought it would be pretty cool to make something using coconut flour. It sounds delicious. But, coconut flour is dramatically different from grain-based flour. It is significantly drier.

This was supposed to be a batter, not a paste, or whatever this disaster turned out to be. I considered using part of it, but decided to throw it away and starting over again. After all, this is an apple challenge, not a coconut flour challenge.

The completed recipe will be posted here later today.

Apple Cinnamon Muffins

The inside was moist, though you do still need a glass of milk. The top became crunchy. I used Granny Smith apples from a farmers market. The tartness really comes through. To be honest, mixing freshly squeezed lemon juice with the tartness the apples gives it a punch, and I like it.

I don’t usually like making unhealthy food, but this was so good that I may have to reconsider that.

Eating muffin now, posting recipe later.

Last edited:
Healthy = apples
Maybe not = oil, butter, flour, sugar

I will focus on the apples, then!

You know - I don't think oil, flour, butter and sugar are 'unhealthy' per se. Sugar is unhealthy if you eat shed loads of it and rot your teeth/get fat. Flour is not unhealthy at all, in itself. Its a basic ingredient. Maybe we need a new thread...

Back
Top Bottom