The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Apples

Korean Style Beef Ribs Oven Cooked (Apple and Doenjang Marinade)

Recipe here: Recipe & Video - Korean Style Beef Ribs (Apple and Doenjang marinade)
View: https://youtu.be/jSAh8x_bdP0

Finally, my second entry.

The apples work really well with this curry. I don't know why but they do. The apple mixture is added add a topping just before serving, second time around we added it to the curry the night before, but I actually preferred it as a topping. It was served over streamed brown rice, for the first night and jacket potatoes the second night.

Recipe - Mushroom Curry

I just went down to collect eggs from my hens - And was thinking... what would I most like to eat right now from those three? Oh, hey, I want to eat from all three, and from nearly all the other submissions in this contest, so narrowing down to three wasn't easy anyway...

Right this moment, I want to delve into that Pork and Apple Pie.

So I pick that recipe. Tasty Reuben's Pork and Apple Pie. So.... Tasty... It's now YOUR choice!

I just went down to collect eggs from my hens - And was thinking... what would I most like to eat right now from those three? Oh, hey, I want to eat from all three, and from nearly all the other submissions in this contest, so narrowing down to three wasn't easy anyway...

Right this moment, I want to delve into that Pork and Apple Pie.

So I pick that recipe. Tasty Reuben's Pork and Apple Pie. So.... Tasty... It's now YOUR choice!

This would be on my shortlist too - great photos and pie I want to eat. Congratulations TastyReuben! :woot:

And thanks for being a great host Mountain Cat and taking trouble to comment on all the entries.

I'll be back on a bit later to choose something for the next one. I'm out-and-about today.

If it helps, there are lists of ingredients chosen before in date order and in alphabetical order. It doesn't matter if you choose an ingredient which has already been picked as long as it wasn't too recently. We also try to choose something most people can obtain in their country.
Here are the lists: Alphabetical ingredients list; Date order ingredients list

Ok...how about cranberries? Seems a good time of the year for it.

I did a little research, and it looks like cranberries should be readily available in most places, and I think including fresh cranberries, canned ones, dried, cranberry juice, jam, and sauce as an allowable ingredient, that should be a big umbrella.

Let me know if that works. If not, I'll find something else.

Ok...how about cranberries? Seems a good time of the year for it.

I did a little research, and it looks like cranberries should be readily available in most places, and I think including fresh cranberries, canned ones, dried, cranberry juice, jam, and sauce as an allowable ingredient, that should be a big umbrella.

Let me know if that works. If not, I'll find something else.
That sounds like a very challenging ingredient. And, you got it wrong: you pick, we cook. And I need to ask for permission. :okay:

What you submitted to this particular challenge were excellent recipes. I’m glad you got the win this time. :bravo:

Back
Top Bottom