The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Apples

That sounds like a very challenging ingredient. And, you got it wrong: you pick, we cook. And I need to ask for permission. :okay:

What you submitted to this particular challenge were excellent recipes. I’m glad you got the win this time. :bravo:
Thank you very much!

My biggest concern is picking something that as many people as possible have access to. I know we have some far-flung members, and I want to make sure they can participate.

And speaking of cranberries, I'm interested myself because I've never made anything with fresh cranberries, not even cranberry relish. During my 10 minutes of research, I was very intrigued to read that cranberries can be used to "tart up" a soup, so to speak.

Hmmmmmm. This will be a double challenge for me, because I don't like cranberries. They would have to be mixed with something that balances the tartness. I'll have to think about this -- a cranberry dish for people who don't like cranberries. :cook:

CD

Cranberries it is. A challenging ingredient for me because I feel I've exhausted my cranberry repertoire - muffins, preserves etc. I'll have to work hard on this.

Even though I can't submit something for the competition, I'm still going to cook some cranberry things, because I love them.

I was looking online yesterday, and as expected, a lot of recipes for sauces and muffins and all that, but I did find one for a squash soup that uses a cranberry purée piped over the soup as a garnish. It just said, "pipe decoratively," which I would completely screw up, but it sounded interesting.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom