The CookingBites recipe challenge: bacon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some. Its been sitting in my fridge for a very long time (over a year). I bought it on-line. I suppose this could be the time to use it. 🤔
I can get it here, but I have to go looking for it. It’s not at the corner store. :laugh:

I actually googled this morning. Found several places that supposedly sell it that are fairly close now. I hadn't looked in quite a while.
It’s having its moment, I suppose. I know on those rare occasions I’m flipping through the various cooking channels, it comes up occasionally.

Carbonara. Flat bread or pizza like I mentioned recently brushed with garlic oil, sweated leeks, pecorino Romano, very thinly sliced guanciale (I have used porchetta last few times), baked in very hot oven or grill so the meat crisps, then pulled out and raw egg(s) put on top, yolk broke and pizza tilted to allow egg to spread. Those are my go tos most often.

We all love the foody glamour shots, but sometimes, the subject itself is so beautiful that even sat draining on the humble paper towel, it shines:

Oh for sure SatNavSaysStraightOn !!!
I'd never heard of bacon made with Eggplant, but I look forward to that.
I've seen it made with bananas! I think SatNavSaysStraightOn mentioned it before and perhaps made it?
I'd like that with honey instead of the maple, mmmmmm! But I would have to tone down the honey and make it more sriracha forward.

He took the little weight thingy off before the contents cooled, didn't he. My parents did the same thing the first and last time they used a pressure cooker. They painted the ceiling with some kind of soup.

CD
I've honestly no idea. I was 7 or 8 at the time. I just remember rice drying out and dropping off the ceiling for days...

He could successfully kill anything even simple things like boiling water, don't try boiling an egg... so aubergine never ever stood a chance. Sadly he actually thought he was a good cook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom