The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Beans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stuffed Peppers, Tex-Mex Style, with Black Beans.

I used onions, pear, and Mexican seasonings here. No rice.

black-bean-peppers-orange-orange.jpg

Two boats made from one pepper. For interest, I also did a whole stuffed pepper (stuffing from the top). You can see that at the recipe itself.

Nice new entries. Bean stuffed peppers never occurred to me. Great idea.

Medtran49, I wish you would have included photos, even if it was not a pretty dish. I know basically what a cassoulet looks like, so I'll have to use my imagination with the recipe.

So far, nice entries, but not enough entries to put me into an anxiety attack. Soooo, if I ever said something you didn't like (pretty good chance of that), here is your chance at payback.

CD

I've got a cassoulet coming. If it were summer and I could get greasy beans, I'd make leather britches, but I can't get ahold of any green beans other than beanless string beans at the store, and those won't work.

I'll have a couple of others, probably, as I like beans a lot.

Fascinating - never heard of either before. I love the idea of the dried beans in pods. To quote from your link:

“Leather britches” or “shuck beans” refers to the method of preserving certain types of green beans by drying them in their pods. Rehydrated and cooked, the skins take on the texture of silk and nearly dissolve on the tongue, while the beans are tender, rich, and velvety.

Fascinating - never heard of either before. I love the idea of the dried beans in pods. To quote from your link:
When I was a kid, we dried them on sheet pans in the back window of the car parked in the sun, because it would get so hot in there. Mom would store them in old nylons, hanging up in the basement.

Now there is a picture (nylons hanging in the basement filled with dried beans) that you are not gonna see on many websites! :pics:
Sometimes, when Mom would fix them, my dad would make a big deal out of finding a hair in his beans and loudly say, "Jean, I told you to shave your legs!" :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom