The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Beetroot (Beets)

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
10:34 PM
Welcome to the CookingBites Recipe Challenge. The current challenge is beetroot (beets) and murphyscreek is our judge. To enter, all you need to do is post a recipe featuring beetroot as a new thread, tag it cookingbites recipe challenge and post a link to it in this thread. The winner becomes the judge for the next challenge.

Deadline: 12.00 midday on Saturday 4th January (GMT). Challenge rules and a list of previous winners and ingredients can be found here.

Last edited:
Beetroot seems to be forever popular with top chefs - maybe its the colour? This makes it a double challenge for me. Firstly, I'm not overly keen on beetroot because of its sweetish taste. Secondly, I've seen it used every which way and I don't want to copy something already done. However, I like a good challenge so I'm ordering a nice selection of beetroot (different colours). :happy:

Hmmm, first cranberries, and now beets. Two things in a row that "I'm not overly keen on." :scratchhead:

CD

I love beetroot. I've got 4 in tbe fridge right now but they are for beetroot pickled eggs, something I've already written up on here many years ago. They will be my 4th batch of 2-3 dozen pickled eggs done in beetroot. The other two batches are curry pickled eggs, also written up. I also picked the beetroot and the onion at the same time despite many recipes saying through them away after getting the coloured water! What a waste of beetroot.

I shall have to think hard. I can see a christmassy experiment happening.

477468EC-AA78-43DF-B2BC-7C9614D2749B.jpeg

Borscht!

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom