The CookingBites recipe challenge: brown sugar

medtran49

IMG_2877.JPG

Carrot Cake No Churn Ice Cream

DH & I had a dish last night when it wasn't quite firm, meh.
But let me tell ya buddy, as I was scooping out this not so glamorous portion of this Ice Cream , MAN!
REALLY, REALLY, REALLY GOOD!

All of you have managed to make it super hard to pick a winner and I am planning on making quite a few. The recipes all look really great, but there were 12 that especially captured my attention and have had me trying to decide on a winner all afternoon. Those were, in no particular order:

By kaneohegirlinaz
Haole brownies
Carrot cake ice cream

By SatNavSaysStraightOn
Persian rice pudding

By TastyReuben
French dressing
Glazed ham
Brown sugar beets

By The Late Night Gourmet
Garlic brown sugar chicken
Stropwafels

By karadekoolaid
Sweet and sour aubergine

By Windigo
Brown sugar and cinnamon apple cupcakes

By AgileMJOLNIR
Brown sugar cookie dough ice cream

By Morning Glory
Brown sugar chicken thighs with mushrooms and shallots

I really, really, really wish all of the above could win, but I have to pick one. The one recipe I keep coming back to is Recipe - Stroopwafels by The Late Night Gourmet so now it's his turn to pick the next ingredient.

Thanks to all who participated!

Congratulations, The Late Night Gourmet!

It’s now your turn to choose the next ingredient and judge the next round. Please choose an ingredient that’s fairly accessible to all our members. It’s fine if you choose an ingredient we’ve had before, so long as it wasn't too recently. A list of all ingredients chosen is here in date order and here in alphabetical order.

Can’t wait for the next challenge!

Wow....thank you, medtran49. and everyone, for the kind words!

Now, as for the next ingredient, I normally try to think of something that will be versatile, but also something I want to see in a meal. I have to say, this is the only time I recall there being so much conversation taking place about a particular ingredient, namely:

How do I enjoy celery?

I almost feel it would be a disservice to NOT pick celery. This ingredient was last picked in December 2017, and a lot of people around now weren't around then.

Allowed ingredients include celery stalk and leaves, celery root (celeriac), and celery seed.

Now, as for the next ingredient, I normally try to think of something that will be versatile, but also something I want to see in a meal. I have to say, this is the only time I recall there being so much conversation taking place about a particular ingredient, namely:

How do I enjoy celery?

I almost feel it would be a disservice to NOT pick celery. This ingredient was last picked in December 2017, and a lot of people around now weren't around then.

Allowed ingredients include celery stalk and leaves, celery root (celeriac), and celery seed.
Original pick, but unfortunately I can't participate. I can't digest celery in any form without a colon.

How do I enjoy celery?

This sounds good to me! I’m at work now but I’m going to get a jump on some potential dishes. Celeriac comes to mind, thats one of my favorites.

Interesting choice. I cook with celery all the time, but as a flavoring ingredient, like I'd use an herb. Making it the "star" of a dish will be the challenge.

CD

Back
Top Bottom