The CookingBites recipe challenge: brown sugar

Brown sugar roasted chicken thighs with mushrooms & shallots

fullsizeoutput_82c4.jpeg

Just a reminder that this challenge closes at midnight (close of day) today, Monday 17th April UK time (GMT).

That is in just under 3 hours time, as I write.

Papelón con limón (Refreshing Venezuelan drink)
This is a doddle as far as "recipes" go. The origin is probably from colonial times, when the workers/slaves worked in the sugar processing farms and were given this to drink with their lunch. It's still very popular, however, and is probably a good indicator of how "sweet" Venezuelans like their food!
The "Papelón" is sugar cane juice, heated at high temperatures until it forms thick molasses. The molasses are then poured into moulds to set. Over here, they're usually rectangular.
Papelon 3.jpg
Limon y papelon.jpg

Papelón con limón (Refreshing Venezuelan drink)
This is a doddle as far as "recipes" go. The origin is probably from colonial times, when the workers/slaves worked in the sugar processing farms and were given this to drink with their lunch. It's still very popular, however, and is probably a good indicator of how "sweet" Venezuelans like their food!
The "Papelón" is sugar cane juice, heated at high temperatures until it forms thick molasses. The molasses are then poured into moulds to set. Over here, they're usually rectangular. View attachment 98893View attachment 98894
Looks interesting, almost like a Sweet Tea you’d get here in the states.

Well, that sucks!
My "count down clock" said that I had one more day ... I did make that Ice Cream this afternoon and it sits in the deep freeze to become solid enough to serve up for the glamour shot 🤷‍♀️ oh well.
Just saw this while going through entries. Since you made it within challenge time, I don't have a problem with a late entry if no one else does. I'll wait until late this afternoon/early evening to see if anyone does. Heck, it's probably going to take me that long to decide anyway because there are quite a few entries I really like the sound of.

Just saw this while going through entries. Since you made it within challenge time, I don't have a problem with a late entry if no one else does. I'll wait until late this afternoon/early evening to see if anyone does. Heck, it's probably going to take me that long to decide anyway because there are quite a few entries I really like the sound of.

Its the judge's prerogative. :okay:

Back
Top Bottom