The CookingBites recipe challenge: brown sugar

I've got another savory recipe going. Here’s where it stands now:
DEB5717B-255B-419C-8858-03D44D35CE99.jpeg

Actually, it’s in the refrigerator now. It will come together in a few more hours.

I really want to also make a sweet recipe, and I do intend to post that recipe, but I’m not sure if I will have time before the contest ends.

There are 2 things that I normally use brown sugar for; It is glaze mixed with honey for ham & to make candied yams. Well, they DO go together. Hah!! :whistling:
Candied Yams..jpg

Last edited:
b4844517-0ed0-421f-9489-5c6164cf71b3-jpeg.jpg

Pulled Pork - it's not pretty to look at, but it's supposed to be eaten. Your incentive is to keep eating it so you don't have to look at it. I should have known...my wife doesn't like things that are "spicy adjacent", meaning things like salsas and tacos that are sometimes spicy. This was close enough for her to not eat it. The rest of the family liked it, though. :laugh:

View attachment 98725

Pulled Pork - it's not pretty to look at, but it's supposed to be eaten. Your incentive is to keep eating it so you don't have to look at it. I should have known...my wife doesn't like things that are "spicy adjacent", meaning things like salsas and tacos that are sometimes spicy. This was close enough for her to not eat it. The rest of the family liked it, though. :laugh:

When I go to a BBQ restaurant, such as Smokey Bones or Fireflies, I always get pulled pork, either alone or in a sandwich. Tastes so good!!! :whistling:

If you want an extension that's fine with me.
I could certainly do with one…Monday 17 Apr? Let me know if that works for you and I’ll get it changed.

If not, just suggest another date, and I’ll get it fixed up.

Back
Top Bottom