The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Burger buns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here we go. Early morning wake up here, and have about half an hour before I need to go to work. Don't worry, am not rushing judging. I'd done all my prep work already and there has been only one more entry to review since my post yesterday.

Firstly, thanks for all the entries. I realise it was a bit of an out of left field ingredient, but the quality of responses has been overwhelming by all who have participated. This is the worst job ever, having to pick one recipe. Special mention to flyinglentris with an impressive eight entries by my count, and some top notch imaginative ideation....especially the soup burgers idea.

After some time yesterday (and review of the latest entry since) I've narrowed it down to a choice between the following:

Mountain Cat with "English Muffin Bread Pudding with Marinated Artichoke Hearts"
caseydog with "Texas Smoked Brisket Burger"
JAS_OH1 with "Mini Sushi Bagels"
Hungry Man with "Istanbul Style Soggy (Wet) Burgers"
TastyReuben with "Pineapple Upside Down Cakes" and "Bratwurst Strata"
MypinchofItaly with "Spaghetti with Smoked Salmon, Veggies, and Crumbled Beetroot Bun"

Out of those I just kept returning to the same recipe as choice for the winner, so without further waffling the winner is:

JAS_OH1 with "Mini Sushi Bagels" Congratulations!!

Recipe - Mini Sushi Bagels

Last edited:
Here we go. Early morning wake up here, and have about half an hour before I need to go to work. Don't worry, am not rushing judging. I'd done all my prep work already and there has been only one more entry to review since my post yesterday.

Firstly, thanks for all the entries. I realise it was a bit of an out of left field ingredient, but the quality of responses has been overwhelming by all who have participated. This is the worst job ever, having to pick one recipe. Special mention to flyinglentris with an impressive eight entries by my count, and some top notch imaginative ideation....especially the soup burgers idea.

After some time yesterday I narrowed it down to a choice between the following:

Mountain Cat with "English Muffin Bread Pudding with Marinated Artichoke Hearts"
caseydog with "Texas Smoked Brisket Burger"
JAS_OH1 with "Mini Sushi Bagels"
Hungry Man with "Istanbul Style Soggy (Wet) Burgers"
TastyReuben with "Pineapple Upside Down Cakes" and "Bratwurst Strata"
MypinchofItaly with "Spaghetti with Smoked Salmon, Veggies, and Crumbled Beetroot Bun"

Out of those I just kept returning to the same recipe as choice for the winner, so without further waffling the winner is:

JAS_OH1 with "Mini Sushi Bagels" Congratulations!!

Recipe - Mini Sushi Bagels
Thank you so much, there were so many great recipes I just wasn't sure who would get the honors on this one. Thanks again!

So I think I would like to choose quinoa for my ingredient, but I need some input. Is it available in all the countries where our forum members live? If not, I will choose something different. I know it's abundant in the US and South America, but...let me know, peeps!

So I think I would like to choose quinoa for my ingredient, but I need some input. Is it available in all the countries where our forum members live? If not, I will choose something different. I know it's abundant in the US and South America, but...let me know, peeps!

Quinoa is ok with me. I've never used it or had it before and so, I am enthused.

JAS_OH1

I googled 'quinoa availability worldwide' and it turned up results that indicate that as a crop, quinoa is rapidly expanding to markets globally. It apparently is developing a good following.

I'd say go with your pick of quinoa. It promises to have some interesting results.

Quinoa is ok with me. I've never used it or had it before and so, I am enthused.
Quinoa is a delicious and healthy grain, and it can be used in so many different ways! It comes in black, red, white, and a mixture of the 3. I have seen it in salads, side dishes, soups, stews, breakfasts, and even desserts. As long as members who live in other countries can find it easily and at a reasonable price, let's do it!

Edited to add I just found out it's not technically a grain, but is considered a whole grain food. Go figure, LOL.

Last edited:
JAS_OH1

I googled 'quinoa availability worldwide' and it turned up results that indicate that as a crop, quinoa is rapidly expanding to markets globally. It apparently is developing a good following.

I'd say go with your pick of quinoa. It promises to have some interesting results.
I am sure Morning Glory is asleep. After some others chime in and she gives final approval, you can start working your brain on it! It's super high in protein, BTW. I have it in my cupboards and used to use it a lot, but lately I kinda got away from it. Maybe this will jumpstart me back on it again.

Quinoa is a delicious and healthy grain, and it can be used in so many different ways! It comes in black, red, white, and a mixture of the 3. I have seen it in salads, side dishes, soups, stews, breakfasts, and even desserts. As long as members who live in other countries can find it easily and at a reasonable price, let's do it!
Quinoa is top, love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom