The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Burger buns

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 61247

View attachment 61250

View attachment 61248

View attachment 61249
That's string cheese, which showed no sign of melting, even after sitting under a 525F broiler for a while.

The other thing of note: even though is was very thin, using a yeasted bun smooshed flat yielded a crust that was not unlike Chicago-style deep dish pizza - somewhat light and a little flaky.
I know people like that, light and flaky. Thank goodness during the pandemic I have found a very good reason to not associate with them :laugh:

I love little pizzas like that. Too bad the cheese wouldn't melt!

Recipe - Yorky Porkie Thai Chili Burgers

This burger was inspired by our resident "Burger King," Yorky. It is NOT a copy of a Yorky pork burger. It is my interpretation. I didn't think it would be proper to enter a "copy" of one of his burgers in a Challenge.

The patty is ground pork, with diced shallot, garlic and sliced Thai chilis -- mixed into the meat, and rested overnight in the fridge. Instead of ketchup, I made a Sriracha Mayo for the top and bottom bun. Of course, there is "grass." On top of the burger is pickled carrots and cucumbers.

The chili heat was bordering on too much for me, so probably not enough for Yorky. :pepper:

YorkyBurger001.jpg

YorkyBurger002.jpg

CD

Last edited:
Yorky Porkie Thai Chili Burger -- Once again, recipe thread is in progress.

This burger was inspired by our resident "Burger King," Yorky. It is NOT a copy of a Yorky pork burger. It is my interpretation. I didn't think it would be proper to enter a "copy" of one of his burgers in a Challenge.

The patty is ground pork, with diced shallot, garlic and sliced Thai chilis -- mixed into the meat, and rested overnight in the fridge. Instead of ketchup, I made a Sriracha Mayo for the top and bottom bun. Of course, there is "grass." On top of the burger is pickled carrots and cucumbers.

The chili heat was bordering on too much for me, so probably not enough for Yorky. :pepper:

View attachment 61276

View attachment 61277

CD
That is ready for a culinary magazine. Well done.
I'd probably eat the grass and pickles and bun, staying far from the spicy, but sounds top.

Recipe - Bread Pudding With Banana-Rum Sauce

Note: I used the buns I made earlier from ForeverFoodieLove's recipe.

View attachment 61076

View attachment 61077View attachment 61079
The bread pudding portion is pretty standard, with sugar, vanilla, egg, milk, and nutmeg mixed together and poured over the bread cubes.

The sauce really makes this, though. Again, nothing too unusual, just brown sugar, butter, lemon juice, rum, and bananas, but the taste is oh-so-decadent.

It also gave me a reason to do my first-ever flambé. I don't know what happened with this photo, but it's so...artistic (yeah, let's go with that), I'm including it.
View attachment 61078

I think I was so excited at the prospect of burning my house down, I didn't hold the camera still.

Fun fact: I read a bunch of tips on flambé technique before I lit this up, and they all said that your booze must be 80 proof or higher in order to ignite.

That's demonstrably false, as that rum is only 70 proof, and it caught right on fire with no problem, and burned a good while.
This is such a great idea! Love your bread pudding! I need to try this sometimes too :)

Yorky Porkie Thai Chili Burger -- Once again, recipe thread is in progress.

View attachment 61276

View attachment 61277

CD

Loving the photos. Bring on the chillies for me!

We are in the lull of a major rainstorm (which will turn into a major snowstorm overnight, and all through tomorrow. My satillite connection bums out in heavy weather.

I will be making the recipes within the deadline, ie, today, but I hope I get the chance to upload before deadline runs out. 2 Days/48 hours it says right now (but that's for UK time).

Last edited:

Some of the first porkie burger patties that I made from scratch had quite a few chillis in them. Later when I made a burger I had forgotten and I added more chillis into the build.

Now that made my eyes water!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom