The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another worthy winner from MypinchofItaly! Congratulations!

The mini frittatas sound wonderful. Can they be re-heated? That would be ideal to send with G when he goes to his fishing camp.
Yes...they reheat flawlessly in the microwave, but they also heat up well in a pan.

ElizabethB - thank you so much for your detailed attentive dedication to the judging task. You are an exemplary judge. :thankyou:

I would add that I thought the entries are some of the best I've seen in the history of this challenge. Thank you to everyone for participating and a big round of applause for MypinchofItaly. :bravo:

Its over to you MypinchofItaly to choose the next ingredient. Its best in the current circumstance if you can choose an ingredient that we won't have to go and shop specially for, or at least something that is easily sourced, given shortages. And as usual, something that is available in most of our countries.

You can see all previously chosen ingredients here in date order and here in alphabetical order. It really doesn't matter if you choose an ingredient which has gone before as long as it wasn't too recently. Just post your chosen ingredient in this thread and we will set up the new challenge.

Thank you morning glory
As I wrote to you in private message, I had (still have) the flu, but I'm going to take a look at the list of previously chosen ingredients
Sorry for any delay, I'll decide my ingredient within today :okay:

WOW!!!
I have been reviewing recipes for close to 3 hours. I need a nap. :sleep:
I counted 33 recipes.
To begin :welcome: my_food_studio_la. (1 entry) Thanks for joining the challenge. I have recently gotten on a pizza kick so your Veggie Lovers Pizza is right up my alley.
I am so impressed with all of the entries. Your ingredient combinations are mind blowing.
The Late Night Gourmet - (3 entries) your popovers are a hug on a plate. Home made cheese is on my bucket list. The mini frittatas sound wonderful. Can they be re-heated? That would be ideal to send with G when he goes to his fishing camp.
medtran49 - (4 entries) your Gruyere puffs are impressive and the sauce recipes really take it over the top. Ricotta pound cake - brilliant! Your cheese filling is better than any I have ever made. I am always looking for new ways to prepare eggplant, the salsa escalivada and garlic allioli really grabbed my attention.
TodayInTheKitchen (1 entry) Your chili cheese fries certainly looks like a heart attack on a plate. i have never been tempted by a vegan life style but I would try that recipe.
TastyReuben (2 entries) Apples and cheese are a match made in heaven - combining them into a grilled sandwich - THAT'S sexy! Those cheese delights will be a hit for our net family gathering.
Mountain Cat (4 entries) I never would have thought of using cabbage with garlic shrimp and pecorino. The skillet mac and cheese elevates comfort food. I have always used bread for grilled cheese but I really like the idea of using corn tortillas. I can see how the asparagus and ramps work. The soft corn tacos using bison is genius. I love bison.
morning glory (NINE ENTRIES!!!) You get the prize for the most entries. Charred Cauliflower, blue cheese and grapes with sesame dressing - on my bucket list.I love the technique that you used for your omelette. I have heard it called a Southwest Omelette. The blue cheese, fig & greenage tart is beautiful. I had to look up greenage. The idea of anchovies on ham and cheese toast sounds strange but appealing. The Feuilles are stunning! Feta and Kefir dressing YES! Not one but two crab recipes - I can't decide which I like better so I will have to try them both. We have wonder fresh, local crabs available. The asparagus, smoked salmon and mozzarella on toast would be a perfect lunch or light dinner.
murphyscreek (2 entries) Steak and kidney pie with a blue cheese crust. Dude - seriously brilliant! Your take on Philly Cheese steak makes my mouth water. HMMMM I am thinking philly cheese steak pizza.
Yorky (1 entry) G will thank you for your nacho recipe. He loves nachos.
MrsDangermouse (3 entries ) I would like a slice of your chili cheese loaf slightly toasted. Megruli Khachapuri - I had to look it up. I can imagine that melted cheese oozing out of the pastry. feta and bulgar wheat salad - on my bucket list. I have never used bulgar wheat.
caseydog (1 entry) I bet you could get a long stretch of cheese from that 3 cheese grilled sandwich.
MypinchofItaly G will eat asparagus but it is not his favorite vegetable - he says it is grassy. I think your recipe would change his mind. Savory cheese cake with mint sauce , Are you kidding? I am blown away.

So - top picks
The Late Night Gourmet popovers - the beauty is in the simplicity
TastyReuben a very sexy grilled cheese sandwich
morning glory - anything with crab gets my attention
murphyscreek That blue cheese pie crust is true genius and I will use your Philly cheese steak recipe for a pizza.

I am humbled by all of your wonderful, inventive recipes. The task of picking a winner has been daunting. Here goes

DRUM ROLL PLEASE

The winner of the Cookingbites Recipe Challenge - Cheese is

MypinchofItaly

Congratulations to all of you. You really outdid yourselves. MypinchofItaly as soon as I saw that cheese cake recipe I knew it would be the one to beat.

Thank you all for participating and thank you for your patience.

ElizabethB thank you so much, I'm honoured about your choice, grazie :thankyou:

And please let me know if G has changed his mind about the asparagus :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom