The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Coffee

Apologies...I have a few ideas that I'm kicking around, but I'm having trouble finding time because I'm going to be out of the country from Sunday to Saturday (visiting Germany and Greece), and I don't want to make something that I can't finish. Once I return, I will still have a few days before the deadline, so I will submit something.

Apologies...I have a few ideas that I'm kicking around, but I'm having trouble finding time because I'm going to be out of the country from Sunday to Saturday (visiting Germany and Greece), and I don't want to make something that I can't finish. Once I return, I will still have a few days before the deadline, so I will submit something.

Well, we have been known to extend the deadline (that is up to the judge). I hope you have a great trip - I presume its for pleasure?

Coffee Biscotti with Pistachio, Fennel Seed and Cherry

fullsizeoutput_4199.jpeg

Welcome to the CookingBites Recipe Challenge. Our judge is @MypinchofItaly who won the previous challenge has chosen Coffee as the next ingredient (coffee beans, ground coffee or instant coffee).

View attachment 22149

To enter, all you need to do is post a recipe featuring coffee as a new thread, tag it "CookingBites Recipe Challenge" and post a link to it in this thread. The challenge will run for four weeks, ending at 12:00 GMT on 28th February.

Challenge rules and a list of previous winners and ingredients can be found here.
wow! as a coffee lover i am so interested to join. i hope i don't have class. cant wait for a vacation

Lovely! Did it work? I was just doing some research on coffee flavour pairings, and came upon a recipe for coffee beef stew. It just so happens that a beef stew is bubbling away in the crockpot for tonight's supper. By further coincidence, a cafetiere left over from breakfast was sitting right next to it on the worktop. It was meant to be! Will report back on the outcome.

Lovely! Did it work? I was just doing some research on coffee flavour pairings, and came upon a recipe for coffee beef stew. It just so happens that a beef stew is bubbling away in the crockpot for tonight's supper. By further coincidence, a cafetiere left over from breakfast was sitting right next to it on the worktop. It was meant to be! Will report back on the outcome.

It really does work - my son said it was the best chilli ever. He didn't realise there was coffee in it - it just mellows to provide a umami flavour.

Back
Top Bottom