The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Cranberries

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
10:10 PM
Welcome to the CookingBites Recipe Challenge. The current challenge is cranberries. TastyReuben is our judge. To enter, all you need to do is post a recipe featuring cranberries as a new thread, tag it cookingbites recipe challenge and post a link to it in this thread. The winner becomes the judge for the next challenge.

Deadline: 12.00 midday on Tuesday 3rd December (GMT). Challenge rules and a list of previous winners and ingredients can be found here.

Interesting - a Forum search for 'Cranberry' (in Title of post) yielded only 4 cranberry recipe: one soup, one fish dish, one cake and one bread recipe. Hmmm...

A good challenge TastyReuben . I often think these challenges can be a wasted opportunity when they feature commonly used ingredients that we all know what to do with anyway. Most Christmases we throw away fresh cranberries left over from making cranberry sauce because we can't readily find another use for them, so I am looking forward to some inspirational recipes here!

I discovered I do have TWO fresh cranberry recipes dating back to 2016. I'll add them on here. It was when I was recovering from a broken ankle and could not drive or go anywhere, but a friend brought over the cranberries so I could have fun with them. It was around Thanksgiving, so I certainly did.

AND, since I do have a new package of fresh cranberries, I'll come up with a third and current (currant???) recipe prior to the end of this contest.

TBH, I've never cared for the canned thing decanted at Thanksgiving. Too sweet, at least for me. I'll eat a bit, but that's about... it.

7952FD42-A5CA-4127-B730-9E7E493C6B1C.jpeg

Spicy Cranberry Jam. Recipe added. I bought the cranberries today, and the rest just naturally followed.

Last edited:
Thanks, epicuric. I feel like the host of Iron Chef, "The secret ingredient is...cranberries!"

I did a quick search, and there was an Iron Chef America episode with cranberries as the secret ingredient. It was a holiday episode, with Giada De Laurentiis and Bobby Flay competing against Rachael Ray and Mario Batali in Kitchen Stadium.

CD

Back
Top Bottom