The CookingBites recipe challenge: cream cheese

šŸ‘

EDIT: Umm I donā€™t know what Iā€™m doing, how do I do this as a recipe?
Copy it to a new thread, give it a title and so on.... prefix recipe etc.
Then edit the post above and put the link in taking the recipe out...

Help instructions at very bottom of every page (click the help button)... or site support how to do this....

Help

Tips & Tricks for Using the Forum

I'm literally climbing into bed, so hopefully other members can assist if TR or MG are not around soon.

Copy it to a new thread, give it a title and so on.... prefix recipe etc.
Then edit the post above and put the link in taking the recipe out...

Help instructions at very bottom of every page (click the help button)... or site support how to do this....

Help

Tips & Tricks for Using the Forum

I'm literally climbing into bed, so hopefully other members can assist if TR or MG are not around soon.
Night night.
Iā€™m of to the cinema.
Iā€™ll attempt to fix it when I get back šŸ‘

I nearly didnā€™t put this on here because itā€™s too simple to be worthy of an entry but making it was inspired by this thread so here it is.

I used to have to make this for the woman I nannied for whenever she had people over for lunch (back when I was a baby faced 21 year old), it was always went down a storm.

If you like smoked fish it tastes amazing, uses only three ingredients and takes less than 10 minutes to make.

View attachment 113206

View attachment 113207

View attachment 113208

Remove the skin and break up the fillets, then blitz in a processor with 1-2 tbsp of lemon (I find 1 1/2 tbsp about right) and a pack of cream cheese (vegan cream cheese more than holds its own here), thatā€™s all there is to it!

No need for any extra seasoning the mackerel has plenty of salt and pepper of its own.

Best served cold with plain crackers.
Hope you had a good time at the movies!

I make variations of this dish (using salmon instead) pretty regularly, it's yummy and so easy!

For writing up recipes, go to "forums" and scroll down to find the category that fits your main ingredient (fish and seafood would work well).
Fish & Seafood
Then you'll see the "post thread" icon above on the right to click on and write your recipe. After you've tagged and posted it, copy and paste the link to your recipe in your post here. I like writing up recipes on my desktop personally, I think it's easier.

Last edited:
My first one:

Recipe - Savory Swiss Cheesecake

I love the idea of a baked cheese spread presented in cheesecake form. Itā€™s just a little more elegant than a spread packed into a crock or a cheeseball. Nothing wrong with either of those, mind, but the cheesecake form is just a little more special to me.

High marks for presentation, but how does it taste?

Well, I brought this over to a family cookout, and by the time Iā€™d arrived, everyone had already eaten, so no one was in a hurry to try it.

As people started to leave, though, they all said, ā€œLemme jusā€™ try a small bite,ā€ and from there, my cheesecake got smaller and smaller, until I had less than a quarter left! People were still too stuffed to eat much, but they all cut a wedge or two to take home.

Now, I used GruyĆØre in place of the suggested generic American Swiss cheese, just because the former has a bit more of a noticeable flavor (and I already had the required amount on hand), so thereā€™s just a hint of sharpness from that, but what really comes through for me is the onion; maybe I just got lucky with some slightly strong green onions this time around, but thatā€™s what I taste, and I like that. Iā€™d expected the tomatoes to stand out, but itā€™s the onion this time around.

Very, very happy with this, and why not? It looks great, tastes great, and wasnā€™t much fuss to make. Weā€™re visiting family for Thanksgiving, and I think this will be one of my contributions, because those tomatoes and green onions, as well as the yellowish cheeseā€¦those be Christmas colors, aye!

My first one:

Recipe - Savory Swiss Cheesecake

I love the idea of a baked cheese spread presented in cheesecake form. Itā€™s just a little more elegant than a spread packed into a crock or a cheeseball. Nothing wrong with either of those, mind, but the cheesecake form is just a little more special to me.

High marks for presentation, but how does it taste?

Well, I brought this over to a family cookout, and by the time Iā€™d arrived, everyone had already eaten, so no one was in a hurry to try it.

As people started to leave, though, they all said, ā€œLemme jusā€™ try a small bite,ā€ and from there, my cheesecake got smaller and smaller, until I had less than a quarter left! People were still too stuffed to eat much, but they all cut a wedge or two to take home.

Now, I used GruyĆØre in place of the suggested generic American Swiss cheese, just because the former has a bit more of a noticeable flavor (and I already had the required amount on hand), so thereā€™s just a hint of sharpness from that, but what really comes through for me is the onion; maybe I just got lucky with some slightly strong green onions this time around, but thatā€™s what I taste, and I like that. Iā€™d expected the tomatoes to stand out, but itā€™s the onion this time around.

Very, very happy with this, and why not? It looks great, tastes great, and wasnā€™t much fuss to make. Weā€™re visiting family for Thanksgiving, and I think this will be one of my contributions, because those tomatoes and green onions, as well as the yellowish cheeseā€¦those be Christmas colors, aye!
Thank you for going through all that effort, it's very creative!

Hope you had a good time at the movies!

I make variations of this dish (using salmon instead) pretty regularly, it's yummy and so easy!

For writing up recipes, go to "forums" and scroll down to find the category that fits your main ingredient (fish and seafood would work well).
Fish & Seafood
Then you'll see the "post thread" icon above on the right to click on and write your recipe. After you've tagged and posted it, copy and paste the link to your recipe in your post here. I like writing up recipes on my desktop personally, I think it's easier.
Ah thanks. Iā€™ll be back in a minute asking dumb questions no doubt šŸ˜‚

I like the salmon version but this one packs a serious punch and is well worth a try.
The smoked peppered mackerel is robust to say the least.

This is what I have been eating every year for my birthday since I was roughly 11 years old: Amaretto chocolate cheesecake

IMG_0144.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom