The CookingBites recipe challenge: cream cheese

I’m going to post this here (though not as an entry) due to the cream cheese factor:

View attachment 113962

Not my usual scrambled eggs in that I used some of my parsley butter to cook them in, and then I had just a squidge of cream cheese left, so I tossed that in the pan with the eggs, which resulted in, no surprise, a super creamy texture to the eggs.

I do that with pasta sauce etc..

Recipe - Salmon and cream cheese fried rangoons
1716858181746.jpeg

I hit my 6! I have never entered that many before!

I noticed that I was leaning in an Asian inspired direction for a few of them and I just heard on the TV that this is Asian and Pacific Islander Heritage Month here in the USA. I think I knew that, but I love that kind of food quite a bit regardless!

First of all, again thank you for the large amount of entries. I am very happy with how much traction this challenge created. Thank you all for participating and keeping the challenge fun and interesting! ❤️
Because there were so many beautiful entries, I have decided to name a category favorite for three categories, and an overall winner. I also will name some honorable mentions who didn't make the cut eventually. Sorry I couldn't pick everyone, you all made a great effort!

Honorable mentions🏅:
Morning Glory : the blue cheese salad was stunning to look at Recipe - Radiccio, prawn and bacon salad with blue cream cheese dressing
msmofet : your cream cheese Snickerdoodle cookies look fantastic and I am certainly going to try them! Recipe - Ms. Mofet's Cream Cheese Snickerdoodle Cookies
TastyReuben : I loved the creativity you showed with the savory cheesecake, and the effort you made to get it done. Recipe - Savory Swiss Cheesecake

Sweet category favorite🎂:
Herbaceous : Your 4 flavor cheesecake is stunning and original. I loved the look of it, and am sure it would taste amazing. I had an eye on it as a winner for a while, but something else came along that was slightly more to my taste. It's on my list to try for sure! Recipe - 4-flavour cheesecake

Savory category favorite🌮 :
The Late Night Gourmet : I love stuffed hot peppers! And with a slightly less intense pepper I am sure these would be brilliant. Recipe - Stuffed Hot Peppers

Creative favorite🍥:
msmofet : The cream cheese & jam filling cookies looked fun to make and delicious. Recipe - Ms. Mofet's Cream Cheese and Jelly Cookies

Overall winner 👑:
JAS_OH1 : You really put so much effort into this challenge! I know how short on time you are generally, and to see how much effort you made is impressive. Now I have a soft spot for sushi in general, and the creativity and effort you put in to make those arancini is commendable in my eyes. So, you win with the Sushi Aranicini!
Recipe - Salmon and cream cheese sushi-style arancini

First of all, again thank you for the large amount of entries. I am very happy with how much traction this challenge created. Thank you all for participating and keeping the challenge fun and interesting! ❤️
Because there were so many beautiful entries, I have decided to name a category favorite for three categories, and an overall winner. I also will name some honorable mentions who didn't make the cut eventually. Sorry I couldn't pick everyone, you all made a great effort!

Honorable mentions🏅:
Morning Glory : the blue cheese salad was stunning to look at Recipe - Radiccio, prawn and bacon salad with blue cream cheese dressing
msmofet : your cream cheese Snickerdoodle cookies look fantastic and I am certainly going to try them! Recipe - Ms. Mofet's Cream Cheese Snickerdoodle Cookies
TastyReuben : I loved the creativity you showed with the savory cheesecake, and the effort you made to get it done. Recipe - Savory Swiss Cheesecake

Herbaceous : Your 4 flavor cheesecake is stunning and original. I loved the look of it, and am sure it would taste amazing. I had an eye on it as a winner for a while, but something else came along that was slightly more to my taste. It's on my list to try for sure! Recipe - 4-flavour cheesecake

The Late Night Gourmet : I love stuffed hot peppers! And with a slightly less intense pepper I am sure these would be brilliant. Recipe - Stuffed Hot Peppers

Creative favorite🍥:
msmofet : The cream cheese & jam filling cookies looked fun to make and delicious. Recipe - Ms. Mofet's Cream Cheese and Jelly Cookies

Overall winner 👑:
JAS_OH1 : You really put so much effort into this challenge! I know how short on time you are generally, and to see how much effort you made is impressive. Now I have a soft spot for sushi in general, and the creativity and effort you put in to make those arancini is commendable in my eyes. So, you win with the Sushi Aranicini!
Nice list! Although I would have ended up with everyones name on it rendering it useless 😂

Big Congratulations JAS_OH1 🎉 very happy for you, you entered some lovely recipes, for me it was probably your Rangoon recipe that made me drool the most and I as we don’t have cream cheese in our Asian cooking I’ve definitely logged that one for later!

And if this isn’t off colour in a congratulations I have to say thankyou to karadekoolaid for his garlic cheesecake recipe, it had a wonderful texture and flavour and I enjoyed making it. It was one of those kitchen disaster times where nothing went right and I made multiple really stupid mistakes but somehow the mess that didn’t turn out of the moulds I’d bought at all well still tasted good!

If I was in a restaurant and saw MG’s blue cheese salad I’d be ordering that sharpish!

Honorable mentions🏅:

Creative favorite🍥:

Overall winner 👑:
Wow, thank you so much! There truly were a lot of great entries. The ingredient was such a versatile one I don't know how I would have been able to decide! But again thank you.

Now I'll have to think hard about the next challenge ingredient and I'll get back a bit later, sorry for the delay but I've got some work to do today.

Nice list! Although I would have ended up with everyones name on it rendering it useless 😂

Big Congratulations JAS_OH1 🎉 very happy for you, you entered some lovely recipes, for me it was probably your Rangoon recipe that made me drool the most and I as we don’t have cream cheese in our Asian cooking I’ve definitely logged that one for later!

And if this isn’t off colour in a congratulations I have to say thankyou to karadekoolaid for his garlic cheesecake recipe, it had a wonderful texture and flavour and I enjoyed making it. It was one of those kitchen disaster times where nothing went right and I made multiple really stupid mistakes but somehow the mess that didn’t turn out of the moulds I’d bought at all well still tasted good!

If I was in a restaurant and saw MG’s blue cheese salad I’d be ordering that sharpish!
Yeah well I like you and everyone who participated but it's always going to be dissapointing for someone to enter in a competition . I wish I could make everyone a winner but that's not how it works.
It took me three years to win so your day will come ❤️

Yeah well I like you and everyone who participated but it's always going to be dissapointing for someone to enter in a competition . I wish I could make everyone a winner but that's not how it works.
It took me three years to win so your day will come ❤️

For the record I think you’ve done a brilliant job on this challenge!

I’ve not entered a challenge yet.
I really don’t like competitive things. I love reading this thread and looking at the entries but I’m unlikely to participate.
And before anyone says but it’s just a bit of fun, I know, it’s just not for me!

Plus I would not like to win, I dislike judging immensely.
When I was on my way up in dog showing world and heading towards Crufts judging, I had an epiphany that just because you’re good at something doesn’t mean you should do it and I left the test you have to do moments before it started! I was not popular but thats how much I dislike it!

So yer if I entered it would have to be on the understanding that even if the recipe was worthy or ticked the judges boxes I couldn’t possibly win! 😂

For the record I think you’ve done a brilliant job on this challenge!

I’ve not entered a challenge yet.
I really don’t like competitive things. I love reading this thread and looking at the entries but I’m unlikely to participate.
And before anyone says but it’s just a bit of fun, I know, it’s just not for me!

Plus I would not like to win, I dislike judging immensely.
When I was on my way up in dog showing world and heading towards Crufts judging, I had an epiphany that just because you’re good at something doesn’t mean you should do it and I left the test you have to do moments before it started! I was not popular but thats how much I dislike it!

So yer if I entered it would have to be on the understanding that even if the recipe was worthy or ticked the judges boxes I couldn’t possibly win! 😂
Your mackerel paté was tagged as entered , I didn't realise it wasn't meant to be an entry!

Judging isn't my favorite thing either, but I really did enjoy seeing the effort everyone made and that made me really happy 😊

Back
Top Bottom