The CookingBites recipe challenge: ginger

Number 3 from me:

Ginger-Honey Vinaigrette

Pretty easy salad dressing to throw together - chuck it all in the stick blender's container, whizz-whizz-whizz, and there you have it.

In terms of flavor, it's very light and sunny, perfect for a temperate day outside - it's just the right blend of ginger, honey, and mustard, and would also make a wonderful dipping sauce, especially for breaded chicken tenders.

Isn't that a lovely color?!
Looks great. Are you primarily using this on salads and veggies?

I've got some recipes planned but they're not going to get executed until after the 18th, when I get back to Caracas. The kitchen here in my son's flat is the size of a postage stamp, and none of them like ginger anyway. I just LUUURRRVVV the stuff!!
Here's a photo of a ginger flower I took a few years ago, and the ginger plants in my kitchen garden.
Ginger flower.jpg
Ginger plant.jpg

Last edited:
none of them like ginger anyway. I just LUUURRRVVV the stuff!!
Ginger seems to fall into that category of “love it or hate it, no in-between.”

I am fond of it, but that doesn’t mean I like everything that features it. It features in a lot of Asian dishes, and that’s far from my favorite cuisine, for example.

MrsT doesn’t much care for it at all. Such is the way of the world. :laugh:

I love SE Asian food, so ginger is easy for me

Next entry:
Springrolls (as no eggs in the dough)
Made up filling and wrappers from scratch (partly with pasta machine)

IMG_20240412_171459_126.jpg

Link will be added shortly
But under what category should I post the recipe? There is no snack/appetizer option?

https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/spring-rolls.28307/

Last edited:
Ginger seems to fall into that category of “love it or hate it, no in-between.”

I am fond of it, but that doesn’t mean I like everything that features it. It features in a lot of Asian dishes, and that’s far from my favorite cuisine, for example.

MrsT doesn’t much care for it at all. Such is the way of the world. :laugh:
I think peeps have a yes or no attitude towards it due to being given it in concentrated amounts as a child. Things like ginger biscuits and ginger cake certainly made me decide I didn't like the stuff.

I'm told as very young child (I have no recollection of this) I was offered a biscuit from a biscuit barrel at someone's house and picked a ginger biscuit out.
I tried to bite into it (ginger biscuits over here are hard baked affairs) tasted the ginger and declared "this one's broken" and put it back 😂

But as an ingredient to enhance other flavours it's amazing stuff.

I made Rick Stein's "Raj Style Shepherds Pie" for some friends once, they absolutely loved it. The indo-asian brit fusion ticked all their boxes so they really wanted to know what was in it.

I said the changing ingredient in amongst the others was the ginger.
Oh dear that caused a kurfuffle. One of the men (who declared he absolutely hates ginger to the extent his wife is barred from using it 🙄) just would not have there was any ginger in it.
But there was, and a decent amount too! 😂

Number 3 from me:

Ginger-Honey Vinaigrette

Pretty easy salad dressing to throw together - chuck it all in the stick blender's container, whizz-whizz-whizz, and there you have it.

In terms of flavor, it's very light and sunny, perfect for a temperate day outside - it's just the right blend of ginger, honey, and mustard, and would also make a wonderful dipping sauce, especially for breaded chicken tenders.

Isn't that a lovely color?!
That colour is amazing indeed!

I love SE Asian food, so ginger is easy for me

Next entry:
Springrolls (as no eggs in the dough)
Made up filling and wrappers from scratch (partly with pasta machine)

View attachment 112251

Link will be added shortly
But under what category should I post the recipe? There is no snack/appetizer option?

Recipe - Spring rolls
That is appetite opening indeed! Wow, well done!

Back
Top Bottom