The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: honey

Recipe - Honey Garlic Chicken Wings

This is another somewhat sweet and heat dish, but the seasoning was all on the chicken. The honey garlic sauce added an extra dimension.

WARNING: Very messy to eat. Have plenty of napkins, paper towels... garden hose handy.

HoneyGarlicWings001.jpg

CD

Last edited:
Honey Garlic Wings (Recipe link to come after I write it up from my notes)

This is another somewhat sweet and heat dish, but the seasoning was all on the chicken. The honey garlic sauce added an extra dimension.

WARNING: Very messy to eat. Have plenty of napkins, paper towels... garden hose handy.

View attachment 68374

CD
You are slower at recipe write-up than The Late Night Gourmet. :laugh:

Last edited:
Well, the funny thing is, she's on cold soft food for the first two days - no biting or chewing, and the cold to keep the swelling down, and the stuff she's rattling off...you'd think she was going on a cold soft diet for a month. :laugh:

At one point, she said I'd have to make her a variety of smoothies. My reaction was, "You've never had a smoothie in your life, and now you want 'a variety?' It's two freaking days, just eat ice cream. I'm not making smoothies." :headshake:

Any other time, if I told her I couldn't make anything for a few days, she'd say, "No problem, I'll just eat ice cream."

Now, though, it's "I need yogurt and ice cream and pudding and sorbet and smoothies and jello and..." - it's two days! :laugh:
You could make her a "healthy" ice cream by chopping up frozen banana into small pieces, adding a bit of vanilla (like a tsp), small amount of milk (optional), and whatever flavor(s) she want. It's super simple and COLD just like she's looking for, fruity, and best of all creamy, smooth, and low calorie. You should be able to find a recipe just searching it on Google super easy if you need more specifics.

Back
Top Bottom