The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: honey

Recipe - Honeyed sesame eggs

I narrowed my choices down to six finalists (in alphabetical order):

caseydog's scallops. Scallops inherently have a sweeter tinge, so the addition of honey and butter makes the dish a wonderfully sweet’n’savory; toffee/taffy-like tidbit.

flyinglentris's halibut. I love the crushed almonds and the innovative combination of cucumber, radish, cream cheese, honey and dill in the sauce.

The Late Night Gourmet's beef jerky. A laborious delicacy. The preparation steps were described in an excellent manner.

Morning Glory's chicken. Well-cooked, juicy chicken in a luxurious marinade, drizzled with mouthwatering honey and kefir.

murphyscreek's quail. Wonderful, glossy quail in a tasty, Chinese style marinade.

TastyReuben's punch. Goodness in a punch glass.

Thanks to everyone who sent recipes! An honorary mention to all finalists and a bouquet of roses for TastyReuben and flyinglentris for their diligence.
roses.jpg
It was an absolute joy to follow the thread: pretty much all entries made me drool. Pics were high-level as well.

The winner is Morning Glory with her recipe Honey roast chicken thighs & shallots with kefir dressing. It was the kefir dressing that made the difference (for a fan of sour dairy products). Congratulations!

chicken.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey, the countdown timer says there are five hours left!!! I had one more entry five minutes from being done. :ohmy:

Just kidding... I got nothing.

CD:D

I narrowed my choices down to six finalists (in alphabetical order):

caseydog's scallops. Scallops inherently have a sweeter tinge, so the addition of honey and butter makes the dish a wonderfully sweet’n’savory; toffee/taffy-like tidbit.

flyinglentris's halibut. I love the crushed almonds and the innovative combination of cucumber, radish, cream cheese, honey and dill in the sauce.

The Late Night Gourmet's beef jerky. A laborious delicacy. The preparation steps were described in an excellent manner.

Morning Glory's chicken. Well-cooked, juicy chicken in a luxurious marinade, drizzled with mouthwatering honey and kefir.

murphyscreek's quail. Wonderful, glossy quail in a tasty, Chinese style marinade.

TastyReuben's punch. Goodness in a punch glass.

Thanks to everyone who sent recipes! An honorary mention to all finalists and a bouquet of roses for TastyReuben and flyinglentris for their diligence. View attachment 69073 It was an absolute joy to follow the thread: pretty much all entries made me drool. Pics were high-level as well.

The winner is Morning Glory with her recipe Honey roast chicken thighs & shallots with kefir dressing. It was the kefir dressing that made the difference (for a fan of sour dairy products). Congratulations!

View attachment 69074

Thank you so much. Although I'm not sure I want to be the judge....:ohmy:

What a difficult task it must have been Hemulen with so many delicious looking entries.

Hey, the countdown timer says there are five hours left!!! I had one more entry five minutes from being done. :ohmy:

Just kidding... I got nothing.

CD:D

I should have put the usual warning up about the countdown clock defaulting to member's local time....

Hemulen

It was good to see you win the last challenge and be judge for this one. I have always liked your zeal for cooking as reflected by your many fine recipe posts in past challenges and had confidence from the start of this challenge that you'd be an excellent judge for it. Thanks for living up to my expectations. You made a good pick.

Morning Glory

Congratulations. We all await hearing what your new ingredient will be.

Hemulen

It was good to see you win the last challenge and be judge for this one. I have always liked your zeal for cooking as reflected by your many fine recipe posts in past challenges and had confidence from the start of this challenge that you'd be an excellent judge for it. Thanks for living up to my expectations. You made a good pick.

Morning Glory

Congratulations. We all await hearing what your new ingredient will be.

I'm not going to try and be clever and choose something not chosen before (this is becoming increasingly difficult since it needs to be an ingredient which is accessible across different countries).

Current thoughts - all things not chosen for over 4 years (except for chicken which was 3 years ago):

Mushrooms
Eggs - any sort including fish eggs (one of my favourite ingredients)
Aubergine
Lentils
Chicken

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom