The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Juniper Berries and/or Gin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mahi Mahi is also known as dolphin (not the mammal) but I had no idea it was a relative of the tuna.

Edited to add that it's not related to the tuna. I was wondering about that since I grew up in the Florida panhandle and have been catching them and eating them my whole life. They are related to pompano, which makes far more sense.

"The mahi-mahi (/ˈmɑːhiːˈmɑːhiː/)[3] or common dolphinfish[2] (Coryphaena hippurus) is a surface-dwelling ray-finned fish found in off-shore temperate, tropical, and subtropical waters worldwide. Also widely called dorado (not to be confused with Salminus brasiliensis, a fresh water fish) and dolphin, it is one of two members of the family Coryphaenidae, the other being the pompano dolphinfish. These fish are most commonly found in the waters around the Gulf of Mexico, Costa Rica, Hawaii and Indian Ocean."

Thanks for the info. SO many people here think it is a tuna-related fish. I will note that the shape/morphology of said fish doesn't really resemble tuna, on second/third thought.

Thanks for the info. SO many people here think it is a tuna-related fish. I will note that the shape/morphology of said fish doesn't really resemble tuna, on second/third thought.
You will also find that the flavor and texture are not even slightly similar to tuna when cooked. They are delicious, however.

Celery Crêpes With Juniper Berries
letut_11.jpg

Please note that this challenge is now closed for entries.
Uff da...I've got quite a task ahead.

I want to do this right, so I need to give it a little time, and I have a busy morning ahead of me, but I'll get it settled today, just more late in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom