The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Leafy Greens

Bubble and squeak with steamed duck eggs (and pepper steak).

View attachment 36485

Bubble and Squeak.

Boiled and mashed potatoes, chopped onions and shredded steamed cabbage mixed and seasoned and refrigerated overnight. Pan fried in a little olive oil until brown. Also called Rumbledethumps (in Scotland) and Colcannon (in Ireland).

Are you posting this as a recipe?

I've been toying with the idea for some time of preparing "Pandan Chicken" (I've eaten it in restaurants a few times) - would that qualify?

I've been toying with the idea for some time of preparing "Pandan Chicken" (I've eaten it in restaurants a few times) - would that qualify?

Thats chicken cooked in a pandan leaf is it not? And you remind me that I have some frozen pandan leaves in the freezer. I'm pretty sure this would qualify. Pandan, is green and leafy. Ultimately, Its up to the judge The Late Night Gourmet.

Thats chicken cooked in a pandan leaf is it not? And you remind me that I have some frozen pandan leaves in the freezer. I'm pretty sure this would qualify. Pandan, is green and leafy. Ultimately, Its up to the judge The Late Night Gourmet.

The chicken is marinated in the juice of crushed pandan leaves as far as I know. Then the chicken pieces are deep fried wrapped in pandan leaves. I will definitely give it a go.

The chicken is marinated in the juice of crushed pandan leaves as far as I know. Then the chicken pieces are deep fried wrapped in pandan leaves. I will definitely give it a go.

It really sounds fantastic. I use pandan water (kewra water) in rice dishes and curries and it has the most beautiful perfumed taste.

[Mod Edit: Post copied to new thread as it is a Recipe].

This is one of my go-to dishes for a winter crowd. I separately serve grilled Italian sausages on the side. I used to incorporate the sausage in the tomato sauce (about 1lb, frying with the onions), but nowadays there is always a vegetarian (or more) in our group meals. Because this is made with corn meal it is also gluten-free.

Recipe Polenta Lasagna with Escarole

Last edited by a moderator:
New members please note - recipes should be posted as a new thread in the appropriate section of the forum and tagged 'cookingbites recipe challenge'.

The reason we insist on all recipes being posted as new threads is to ensure they are searchable. If recipes are embedded in threads they become 'unsearchable' by Search engines and on the Forum. When you post a recipe for this challenge place a link to it in this thread.

If anyone needs help to do any of this please don't hesitate to PM me.

I do give bonus points for originality. And, as you know, Michigan recently legalized leafy greens, so anything goes. 🚬

Since I assume we are talking about the same sort of leafy greens... yep, they're legal in Massachusetts for about a year now. LOL.

Back
Top Bottom