The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Leafy Greens

Basil Mozzarella Wontons

I was rummaging in the fridge and spied some interesting ingredients. On a whim I threw together basil mozzarella wontons.

G liked them. He ate them as fast as I took them out of the skillet.

Recipe - Basil Mozzarella Wontons

morning glory

I am not sure if I posted the recipe in the correct forum. Feel free to move it if you think it belongs elsewhere. Thank you.

Last edited:
I think I'll try a "greens" soup this weekend.

Speaking of "greens soup", bok choi is an integral ingredient of char siu noodles but I didn't prepare this so it's not an entry. I may get around to cooking it one day.

Basil Mozzarella Wontons

I was rummaging in the fridge and spied some interesting ingredients. On a whim I threw together basil mozzarella wontons.

G liked them. He ate them as fast as I took them out of the skillet.

Recipe - Basil Mozzarella Wontons

morning glory

I am not sure if I posted the recipe in the correct forum. Feel free to move it if you think it belongs elsewhere. Thank you.

I left it in the herbs section as it is 'basil forward' as you say!

I'll be posting a couple older leafy green recipes shortly. I absolutely love Southern collard greens, which I first ate at a home-cooked rehearsal dinner one co-worker's sister cooked. I couldn't get enough of that dish that day. I think I went back for three helpings, and cornered the sister for her recipe. Even though I was born in the south myself, it wasn't something my parents ever cooked. I think my parents' parents tried to avoid "black southern/soul" cooking, and so my own never learned it. Over the 20 years since then, my recipe has likely diverged a little, but I still love it.

I mentioned an idea of roasting wild duck stuffed with greens and grapes.

I did try it and it lived up to my expectations. I can not post a recipe now. 1st I was so "in my head" that I forgot all about weights, measures, cooking time. 2nd I need to tweek it. Primarily the cooking time. I over cooked it. Unlike domestic fowl wild duck needs to be cooked medium rare. I used beet greens and spinach. The grapes were a perfect complement to the mild greens.

I will try again probably Tuesday. This time I will keep track of quantities and adjust the cooking time.

Back
Top Bottom