The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Leafy Greens

I'm sure that Laarb Gai would qualify (if I hadn't previously posted the recipe). Very reliant on mint leaves.

Would it be possible to get a slight extension on this through the end of the month? I really want to make a German carbonara that uses Napa cabbage to go along with the cook along, but I've done something to my foot and it's extremely swollen and painful, making getting around very difficult to say the least. This has happened before, though no idea what is wrong, probably related to old injuries from my more active years, so hopefully it will clear up in next day or 2.

Its fine by me but ultimately up to our judge. It would suit me too as I have a couple more as yet uncooked entries. What do you think The Late Night Gourmet. Shall we extend it a week until Tuesday 4th Feb?

If you do extend, I have some Brussels sprouts that need cooking anyway sometime this week - otherwise they'll need to go to the chickens. (Who won't complain, but....)

Would it be possible to get a slight extension on this through the end of the month? I really want to make a German carbonara that uses Napa cabbage to go along with the cook along, but I've done something to my foot and it's extremely swollen and painful, making getting around very difficult to say the least. This has happened before, though no idea what is wrong, probably related to old injuries from my more active years, so hopefully it will clear up in next day or 2.
Is it swollen and sore along the bottom, including the heel and your instep? You may have damaged/aggravated the tissue on the underside of your foot. Happens to me all the time (I had a foot injury back in the mid-90's and it flares up for me a lot).

I usually take a course of strong anti-inflammatories, stretch my feet with exercises, and I also freeze a bottle of water and roll that on the floor with the bottom of my foot, back and forth, for several minutes.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Nope, whole foot is swollen, with the top outside/last 2 toes area to ankle being where the worst pain is, with what feels like a cord or thread of pain running up to mid to 3/4 calf on that side. The pain also gets worse in waves. With the way my foot looks, I'd think I have a blood clot but for 2 things. They've checked for that before and I also take a prescription medication for arthritis that has an antiplatelet side effect.

Thanks for the good wishes.

Its fine by me but ultimately up to our judge. It would suit me too as I have a couple more as yet uncooked entries. What do you think The Late Night Gourmet. Shall we extend it a week until Tuesday 4th Feb?
Yes...that sounds good to me. Apologies, but things have been rather hectic in my non-cooking world, so the extra time would also give me more time to dive into some of the amazing creations that I see here.

caseydog
Your dish looks beautiful.
So glad you got over the doldrums. That is a constant battle for me. If I can get myself off of my back side and take a slow stroll around the block I find that i am better able to focus and be creative. The problem is getting up and out.
PM anytime you need to talk to a fellow sufferer.

I wasn't aware of any problems with mental health, I too am here if any one needs to talk. I have a friend who rings me when he's feeling down.

Russ

Nope, whole foot is swollen, with the top outside/last 2 toes area to ankle being where the worst pain is, with what feels like a cord or thread of pain running up to mid to 3/4 calf on that side. The pain also gets worse in waves. With the way my foot looks, I'd think I have a blood clot but for 2 things. They've checked for that before and I also take a prescription medication for arthritis that has an antiplatelet side effect.

Thanks for the good wishes.

You've probably already explored with your Doctor the possibility of gout. I get it bad sometimes, and your symptoms ( especially the painful inflammation) would match.

Back
Top Bottom