The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Leafy Greens

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
11:54 PM
Welcome to the CookingBites Recipe Challenge. The current challenge is leafy greens and The Late Night Gourmet is our judge. To enter, all you need to do is post a recipe featuring leafy greens as a new thread, tag it cookingbites recipe challenge and post a link to it in this thread. The winner becomes the judge for the next challenge.

Deadline now extended to 12.00 midday on Tuesday 4th February (GMT). Challenge rules and a list of previous winners and ingredients can be found here.

Leafy Greens includes, but is not limited to, the following:

Last edited:
@The Late Night Gourmet, I am presuming that any fresh leafy herb would be included?
If it's leafy, then it will be hard to disallow it. Please note that I'm also not terribly strict on the green part. Purple kale was on the sample sheet I listed when I announced the new ingredient, and radicchio would also be allowed. Just ask if you're unsure. In this case, greens is a description of the part of the plant, rather than the color. Here's a case where I won't allow other parts of the plant to satisfy the requirements of the challenge: turnip greens and carrot greens are allowed, but turnips and carrots aren't (unless you also include greens of some kind).

Last edited:
This one will definitely be a challenge for me, as I generally eat leafy greens (apart from herbs) only in salads, and I'd like to do something other than a salad, and I really, truly detest cooked greens. 🤔

Back
Top Bottom