The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Miso

Congratulations @TodayInTheKitchen . That recipe certainly looked delicious! Thanks @SatNavSaysStraightOn for an awesome challenge. Have really enjoyed reading the submitted recipes, and using miso myself for the first time... but definitely not the last!
Thanks for the praise and I, too, am a first-time miso user and have added miso to my list of "Must Have" ingredients. I do not see a day ever again when I will not have some form of miso in my kitchen.

And so to the winner. @TodayInTheKitchen with your Savoury Jackfruit Chilli, you are the next winner. @The Late Night Gourmet you came in a very close second, hence the delay in announcing the winner. I have simply been unable to choose between Jackfruit Chilli and Thai soup.

I have to begin by saying that I am honored. Second, miso was a eye-opening ingredient experience. After tasting the effects of miso in the first recipe I submitted, I was hooked. I used miso in three other recipes (not submitted for various reasons) and could not believe the difference in taste.

I would like to relay a short story about Jackfruit chili. Since I made this recipe I have held three conversations with different people where this recipe has come up. In all three conversations, the people took a deep interest in the ingredients, the methods, and the results. What makes this so unique is that I have never made a recipe before that has generated this much positive "buzz". Once again, it is all thanks to such a great cooking forum - CookingBites!!!

Stayed tuned I will have the next ingredient shortly.

Thank you for the congrats. I don't know if you caught it but I used vegan chocolate in the recipe also.@SatNavSaysStraightOn was right. Your miso soup recipe was awesome. I actually made it my kitchen...with a few extra hot peppers. :okay:

Very cool! I will have to make your chili, too, once I get the jackfruit (and, I did miss the bit about the vegan chocolate...I will also need to get some of that!)

Ok, I thought it would be fun to choose Mustard. I have decided to open the definition of "mustard" to include mustard seeds, powders and prepared mustard. Here is an article from the SeriousEats people outlining the many choices.
https://www.seriouseats.com/2014/05...dijon-brown-spicy-yellow-hot-whole-grain.html
This is quite an interesting read. And, this will be quite an interesting challenge. It's always more challenging to have an ingredient that's usually an accessory, and somehow make it featured.

Very cool! I will have to make your chili, too, once I get the jackfruit (and, I did miss the bit about the vegan chocolate...I will also need to get some of that!)

This is quite an interesting read. And, this will be quite an interesting challenge. It's always more challenging to have an ingredient that's usually an accessory, and somehow make it featured.
FYI - Kroger had a digital coupon for $1.00 off a Simple Truth Vegan chocolate bar.

Lots of scope here. I'm already considering stocking up on more mustards...
For those who don't know me, I keep a ready supply of whole black mustard seeds on hand because almost every Indian recipe I was taught starts with hot oil, onions and whole black mustard seeds. Besides the extra flavor, black mustard seeds offer unique eye-appeal to many lighter colored sauces...like a good mustard sauce. hint. hint.

Back
Top Bottom