The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Miso

BB46C1C7-ED65-4444-AE3F-01680BE483DC.jpeg

Chessboard Miso Rice. This is closer to what I had envisioned. I cooked the black rice and the white rice separately. But, there’s not much you can do to prevent the black rice from bleeding into the white rice at least a little bit.

Last edited:
View attachment 28742

Chessboard Miso Rice. This is closer to what I had envisioned. I cooked the black rice and the white rice separately. But, there’s not much you can do to prevent the black rice from bleeding into the white rice at least a little bit.

I will post the recipe for this one, and possibly the other one, since that one was very tasty, too.

That looks better! :okay:

Assuming that I set the correct day and time on the countdown timer in the first place the competition is now closed and I need to go away and think about all of the entries. I'll sit down after I have been swimming and look at the wonderful list of recipes for me to choose from. I had been worried that it was going to challenge participants too much but it seems that all who entered have more risen to the occasion. I'm off swimming now, so I'll announce the winner before the end of today. (It's 8am Australian time now.)

Assuming that I set the correct day and time on the countdown timer in the first place the competition is now closed and I need to go away and think about all of the entries. I'll sit down after I have been swimming and look at the wonderful list of recipes for me to choose from. I had been worried that it was going to challenge participants too much but it seems that all who entered have more risen to the occasion. I'm off swimming now, so I'll announce the winner before the end of today. (It's 8am Australian time now.)

Enjoy your swim. I really enjoyed this challenge!

It has been a very close run competition and one that has been well entered with 18 recipes featuring miso for me to choose from and if I could, it would be a 3 or 4 way draw because I simply love the following recipes
  • @morning glory both your Scalloped Potatoes and your Spicy Aubergine Chana Dal recipes will be featuring very soon on our weekly menu. They look amazing and I can't wait to try them out. Your Rye bread with miso recipe is also inspired.
  • @murphyscreek. Whilst neither of your recipes are vegan (and there was no need for this....) they could easily be adapted into something I would try out. Honey, Miso glazed chicken wings sounds wonderful as does the miso glazed salmon. I can easily envisage the chicken wings done as tofu on one of our weekly menus, as could my husband. The miso glazed salmon again, if I can source the fish style tofu that is available in some vegan restaurants in Australia, I can again see this as an excellent marinade for it.
  • @The Late Night Gourmet Your Thai Coconut Miso Soup sounds fantastic and I certainly didn't expect miso to make an appearance in such a dish. Soups are featuring heavily in our weekly menu at the moment, so other than cutting back on the coconut milk (primarily because the one I use is very pure and is 96% pure coconut kernel and therefore very heavy in saturated fat - the light versions have additives in I would rather avoid, so it is simpler, easier and healthier to simply use less) I can easily see this on our weekly menu very soon.
  • @TodayInTheKitchen I love Savoury Jackfruit chilli and I have to say it had never occurred to me to add miso. I add tamari (soy source) which I found out is actually made during miso manufacture, something I wasn't aware of previously.
And so to the winner. @TodayInTheKitchen with your Savoury Jackfruit Chilli, you are the next winner. @The Late Night Gourmet you came in a very close second, hence the delay in announcing the winner. I have simply been unable to choose between Jackfruit Chilli and Thai soup.

Back
Top Bottom