The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Miso

I'm passing on this one. All the chickpea miso pastes I've seen are either in incredibly expensive and large quantities (bearing in mind that I may never have it again) or have still got some soy in them, and I cannot have soy. As someone else said earlier, it takes too long to make your own - not that I might not try at my leisure.

Yes - you can get soy free made from chick-peas but it does seems to be very very expensive!

Miso & Achiote Devilled Eggs

fullsizeoutput_497c.jpeg

I'm hoping to have time to create an entry. I'm in the last stages of moving fully into my home. So it's sort of the grab and go regarding food.

Last year, I went to a miso factory in upper Massachusetts, a group of us took a booked tour. I picked up a couple jars of miso - the trip was very worthwhile. This miso is pricy, but buying them there, we cut out the middleman.

miso-set-5663.jpg

The chickpea one has a stronger taste than the sweet white (soy) one.

They use traditional methods of making the miso types.
miso-tour-stomp.jpg

Yes, the employees put on (sanitized) boots and stomp on the soybeans during one stage of production.

(I'd only thought this was done with grapes!)

I'm pretty sure I'll be able to make something in time. It will be "quick and easy" as a category, though. This month's logistics!!!
Good luck with moving into the new house.

I did have a strange thought as I read your post. (My mind tends to wander on weird tangents) Anyways, I was wondering if one CB member could "donate" a recipe to another CB member? (I warned you - weird tangents...)

Anyways, I was wondering if one CB member could "donate" a recipe to another CB member?

What do you mean? :scratchhead:I'm always up for cooking a recipe for someone else and also 'donating' a photo of it. In fact I've sometimes photographed recipes from other members when they don't have a photo of the dish. Is that the sort of thing you mean?

What do you mean? :scratchhead:I'm always up for cooking a recipe for someone else and also 'donating' a photo of it. In fact I've sometimes photographed recipes from other members when they don't have a photo of the dish. Is that the sort of thing you mean?
No. I was shooting more for the idea of a "ghostwriter" where someone creates the recipe and photos and then lets another forum member post it under their name. I know it is completely against the rules but I told you that sometimes my mind wanders off.

Here it is...as promised...Savory Jackfruit Chili (100% Vegan)

This recipe comes from the dozen or so chili cook-offs I have participated in at work.
Inevitably, someone enters a vegan chili and frankly they taste terrible. The vegan entries lack the "spirit of chili". :thumbsdown:
So I challenged myself to create a chili that was 1) 100% Vegan and 2) would appeal to chili lovers.
Savory Jackfruit Chili accomplishes that and then some. I can't wait for the next chili cook-off at work.:okay:

Back
Top Bottom