The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Mustard

Chinese hot mustard with a twist

2019-07-15-18-02-49-jpg.jpg

Let me begin by saying the CookingBites forum should give itself a huge round of applause. That is to say, we submitted 31 recipes for this challenge. Well done!
The challenge quickly broke into two schools of thought: Homemade Mustard sauces and Recipes featuring mustard sauces.

Sauces
No less than 8 mustard sauces were submitted.
@CraigC submitted Bravarian Sweet Hot Mustard and Peach Mustard BBQ sauce. The BBQ sauce includes a touch of bourbon.
@medtran49 submitted Blackberry mustard and Chinese hot mustard. If you like spicy, the Chinese hot mustard is for you.
@The Late Night Gourmet submitted Stoneground Beer Mustard and Cherry mustard BBQ sauce. The beer mustard is made from scratch.

Recipes featuring mustard sauces
What can I say but WOW!

@murphyscreek Bacon wrapped ribeye with mustard wine sauce is stunning.
@CraigC Mixed mustards grilled chicken is smothered in mustard sauce.
@Wyshiepoo Pork chops with mustard sauce features the best looking mustard sauce IMHO.
@detroitdad Three mustard crusted salmon is a testament to cooking experimentation.

Morning Glory
I had to reserve a whole paragraph just for @morning glory who submitted over 10 different recipes each with beautiful camera work. Three recipes stood out.
Decision
Alas, I narrowed the field to three recipes
Again, let me applaud the CookingBites community for the passion they displayed during this recipe challenge. Every recipe is a winner.
So without further ado, the winner is @detroitdad with his Three Mustard Crusted Salmon.
I love how he stretched his cooking boundaries with this recipe.

Back
Top Bottom