The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Nov 2015-June 2017

Chocolate
can I please have cocoa or cacao? - otherwise I'm seriously limited being allergic to dairy.
I'm also knot the only one with dairy issues here
I know there is dairy free chocolate (in aus), but the quality is, err, well like sweet plastic tbh and darn expensive as well. Otherwise I only have 1 option, Lindt 80% dark chocolate 100g is AUD $4.25 (£2.50 for a very small amount). I'd have more options back in the UK, but shipping to inlaws and them posting it put to me would take longer than til 25th sadly!

My dear old mum used to make these when I was a kid. I don't know the name or even if they have a name and there's not much of a recipe either. Just slowly melt some dark chocolate in a pan then gently mix in some cornflakes and place a few in paper bun cases. Refrigerate.

chocolate cornflakes.jpg

My dear old mum used to make these when I was a kid. I don't know the name or even if they have a name and there's not much of a recipe either. Just slowly melt some dark chocolate in a pan then gently mix in some cornflakes and place a few in paper bun cases. Refrigerate.

View attachment 7865
I remember those, with a mini chocolate egg on top too!

can I please have cocoa or cacao? - otherwise I'm seriously limited being allergic to dairy.
I'm also knot the only one with dairy issues here
I know there is dairy free chocolate (in aus), but the quality is, err, well like sweet plastic tbh and darn expensive as well. Otherwise I only have 1 option, Lindt 80% dark chocolate 100g is AUD $4.25 (£2.50 for a very small amount). I'd have more options back in the UK, but shipping to inlaws and them posting it put to me would take longer than til 25th sadly!
Yes, all of those.
Assume you can get hold of the ingredients that you want for the recipe that you would like to enter into the challenge.

View attachment 7865

I like the look of the dark chocolate versions of these. I can only hope you don't take this the wrong way @Yorky, but surely, the chocolate cornflake cake, almost certainly using milk chocolate, is many a child's first foray into the world of cooking. It is perhaps the very perfect first thing for a child to make. Not just because it is quite easy, but because the result is so delicious.

I like the look of the dark chocolate versions of these. I can only hope you don't take this the wrong way @Yorky, but surely, the chocolate cornflake cake, almost certainly using milk chocolate, is many a child's first foray into the world of cooking. It is perhaps the very perfect first thing for a child to make. Not just because it is quite easy, but because the result is so delicious.

Although I do eat milk chocolate very occasionally my favourite has always been plain, even as a kid (Cadbury's Bournville specifically).

[Edit: I used Lindt chocolate for those conflake cakes (about £2.00 for 100 gms I think)]

Last edited:
Would you eat chocolate chips?
I have this awful feeling I have seen chocolate crisps! Or was it chocolate covered pringles? I can't remember now. I will have to have a look next time I am near a shop, or perhaps I'll stay saner if I don't look for them, they sound awful to me!

I have this awful feeling I have seen chocolate crisps! Or was it chocolate covered pringles? I can't remember now. I will have to have a look next time I am near a shop, or perhaps I'll stay saner if I don't look for them, they sound awful to me!
Chips, part fried then dipped in chocolate and returned to the fryer, to finish them off.

Not as bad as they sound.

Back
Top Bottom