The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Nov 2015-June 2017

Skillet Smoky Sweet Potato Gratin
Skillet Smoky Sweet Potato Gratin.jpg

But @Berties improved on this recipe. Anyway, why are almost all your recipes in American measures when you are in God's County?
A reminder on the rules!
  • you need to have posted the recipe up here on CookingBites with the 'recipe' prefix and 'potato' tag (no links to another recipe sites except for crediting etc)

But this was posted back in July. The rules clearly state between the beginning of the comp (yesterday) and the end date... :o_o:

I only mentioned that rule twice!

The recipe be posted up on CB during the challenge time period

I'll set a nice and easy one to start off with. The recipe must feature potatoes as the main ingredient and I'm looking for the most creative recipe using this ingredient and the competition runs from now until 8am on the Saturday 14th November 2015.

Last edited:
I'm thinking about my entry. Is there a limit to entries @SatNavSaysStraightOn ?
No, no limits but they must be new recipe uploads... Please!

We yet to have anything that 'qualifies' despite 2 attempts now.
(Wrong vegetable and not inside the dates!)

No, no limits but they must be new recipe uploads... Please!

We yet to have anything that 'qualifies' despite 2 attempts now.
(Wrong vegetable and not inside the dates!)

I'm thinking about it still. But will post something soon. Had trouble loading the website this afternoon. I was wondering if there should be a headline (like you used to do featured threads?) to catch people's attention.

I'm thinking about it still. But will post something soon. Had trouble loading the website this afternoon. I was wondering if there should be a headline (like you used to do featured threads?) to catch people's attention.
I'm hoping that the tag across my name (as the current judge) will get people wondering... sadly the feature threads was one of the causes of the duplicate posting issues we had which since its removal, the problem has more or less gone away (it still happens if an individual has a bad internet connection, but that is a different problem with the same symptoms!).

I'm hoping that the tag across my name (as the current judge) will get people wondering... sadly the feature threads was one of the causes of the duplicate posting issues we had which since its removal, the problem has more or less gone away (it still happens if an individual has a bad internet connection, but that is a different problem with the same symptoms!).

Oh, I see. I was wondering about the tag and about to ask you! Its a shame that you can't highlight a particular thread. Might there be another way of just having a non-interactive banner with no links attached to it, perhaps?

I'm planning to enter this competition but so far there are no other qualifying entries. Come on CookinBiters, surely some of you have potato recipes!

Back
Top Bottom