The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Nov 2015-June 2017

The meat never arrived?
Nothing arrived today. Well, apart from my parcel from Amazon with a furry muffler and a geometric print sloppy sweater (I may don that tomorrow for my earring slot on Tea? thingy on Cycling). Oh, and an odd shaped parcel for the chap at number 63 who wasn't in, also arrived. Come to think of it the parcel was rather long and thin... and the woman who collected it said she wasn't expecting anything to be delivered.

Nothing arrived today. Well, apart from my parcel from Amazon with a furry muffler and a geometric print sloppy sweater (I may don that tomorrow for my earring slot on Tea? thingy on Cycling). Oh, and an odd shaped parcel for the chap at number 63 who wasn't in, also arrived. Come to think of it the parcel was rather long and thin... and the woman who collected it said she wasn't expecting anything to be delivered.
If you don't see her again, the meat was really fresh!

Last edited:
Alas, we have a winner and I couldn't be happier with the final result....Maybe not:unsure::unsure:. Actually the winning is all good and fine but you have to be nervous when Classic 33 has to choose the ingredient.

Congratulations @classic33 you are the next owner the banner and chaos that usually follows this sort of being the judge around!...
I have decided that your recipe will be on the Christmas table for dessert this year (just to clarify aubergine on the dessert menu!) It will take my mother-in-law by surprise completely!

Congratulations @classic33 you are the next owner the banner and chaos that usually follows this sort of being the judge around!...
I have decided that your recipe will be on the Christmas table for dessert this year (just to clarify aubergine on the dessert menu!) It will take my mother-in-law by surprise completely!
Don't tell her what's in it!!

Hope dhe likes it! I would say though, that the reason I liked it was because its a 'grown up' dessert. By which I mean its very dark chocolate tasting. I used 70%. If she doesn't like dark, edging towards bitter, chocolate I suppose you could use a lower cocoa content. Its also not very sweet - so you could add a bit more syrup.

Back
Top Bottom