The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Paprika

Spicy potato wedges.

2 s.jpg

I cooked a pork goulash some time ago but I'm buggered if I can find the recipe! I'll look on the desktop archives.

Got it. It's actually on cookingbites.com already:

https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/pork-goulash.11125/

View attachment 29787
Sorry but going by the rules, this one can't be entered because it wasn't uploaded onto CB within the time frame of this competition.

CookingBites Recipe Challenge Rules (revised May 2017)
  • You must post up the recipe here on CookingBites during the time frame of the competition (no screenshots of or links to recipes on other sites other than crediting is permitted).
:(

Last edited:
@Yorky knows this - he was just adding an example of a paprika recipe he had cooked.
Sorry, I hadn't picked up on that... did I miss something on the previous page? Rather eventful weekend and health now posing the price. It's possible i missed reading something or simply forgot.

Sorry, I hadn't picked up on that... did I miss something on the previous page? Rather eventful weekend and health now posing the price. It's possible i missed reading something or simply forgot.

No, I don't think you missed anything - its just that I know he sometimes posts examples - and I know he knows the rules as last time round he posted examples and said they weren't eligible. I suggested he could make tweaks and changes and create a new recipe.

I use smoked paprika in place of Cooking Chorizo in Portuguese dishes such as soup to make them vegan. Husband says it is a great substitution for the flavour. If it was not 30 degrees here I would make some of his grandmother's soup using paprika. Maybe next week.

BF14BBBE-864C-4F1A-BCDC-555A2001CD06.jpeg

img_0684-jpg.jpg

Chicken Smoked Paprikash - I made this with a ridiculous amount of paprika: 4 tablespoons for the 2 pounds of chicken I used. I used smoked paprika, so it wasn’t spicy. I imagine using hot paprika would constitute assault with a deadly weapon. But, of course, this one has a wonderful smoky flavor. This might be my new favorite red sauce.

After I took the first picture, I decided it would work better shredded, so I did that and mixed it in with the sauce. That's what you see in the second, much less horrid-looking picture.

Link added.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom