The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Pistachio Nuts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed that you posted your first recipe to the challenge earlier today, and I realized what was missing from the challenge until then: no recipes from you! :laugh: Then, you followed up with 2 more, all of them excellent. Did you really do all 3 last night, or were they done and you waited to post them?

Nah... I didn't do them last night. I made them all a few days back. The time lag is doing post production on the photos and typing up recipes from my scrawled notes! I always leave it to the last minute to do the recipe writing up as its such a chore.

Here is the choice of next ingredient. Its very broad and everyone should be able to enter something...

Alliums: this includes any member of the allium family such as onions, leeks, garlic, shallots, Spring onions (scallions), chives, wild garlic etc.

I had a nightmare last night that the next ingredient for the Recipe Challenge would be something so common that I would have trouble avoiding doing recipes that were not unique in some way.

Oh my gosh, what will I do?

I had a nightmare last night that the next ingredient for the Recipe Challenge would be something so common that I would have trouble avoiding doing recipes that were not unique in some way.

Oh my gosh, what will I do?

I guess it can be done.

This Creamed Pearl Onion recipe, I did back in April, 2018:

CreamPearlOnions.png

But I can't make it a challenge entry, so I got some imaginative thinking to do. :whistling:

Here is the choice of next ingredient. Its very broad and everyone should be able to enter something...

Alliums: this includes any member of the allium family such as onions, leeks, garlic, shallots, Spring onions (scallions), chives, wild garlic etc.
I hadn't heard the term allium before, so thank you for the education. I'm glad it doesn't mean I have to figure out how to make a recipe out of this:

aluminum-recycling.jpg

Congratulations Morning Glory !! That recipe sure did sound delicious... and as always your visual representation of the dish is next level. Your photos are certainly one of the highlights of belonging to this group.

Thank you. I do try re the photos and as I always say, I'm using an old phone and natural light. Not really any trickery.

OK. I've thought up about 9 crazy zany loony ideas to use Onions, Garlic, Scallions and Leeks in various ways that when I look over the list I created - am surprised that a little brain storming can be such a springboard for creative cooking. I'm ready.

Morning Glory, start your new challenge thread. I'm going to do a challenge recipe this very day.

OK. I've thought up about 9 crazy zany loony ideas to use Onions, Garlic, Scallions and Leeks in various ways that when I look over the list I created - am surprised that a little brain storming can be such a springboard for creative cooking. I'm ready.

Morning Glory, start your new challenge thread. I'm going to do a challenge recipe this very day.

Thread is up! The great thing (I hope) is that alliums aren't expensive so we can all afford to experiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom