The CookingBites recipe challenge: rice

We are leaving for vacay on the 18th for a 2 week trip to South Carolina (stepson is keeping an eye on things for us since he lives "next door" in the other part of our house) but I am taking my laptop with me so I can take care of the judging part when it's time. I can always do it in the morning after the challenge closes before we leave the condo.

We are leaving for vacay on the 18th for a 2 week trip to South Carolina (stepson is keeping an eye on things for us since he lives "next door" in the other part of our house) but I am taking my laptop with me so I can take care of the judging part when it's time. I can always do it in the morning after the challenge closes before we leave the condo.
Have fun!

Enjoy.

I'm having great fun findingall sorts of new recipes (mostly Persian) using rice. It could be hard limiting my carb intake before my operation in 2 weeks time!

Here's my second one:

Recipe - Indian Tomato Rice

Pretty simple, no-fuss recipe. The main thing with this one is the big, bright tomato flavor. The tomatoes are just warmed through by the hot rice, and not actually cooked down, so that freshness is right at the front of this side dish.

I served it with a tandoori-style chicken, but it's versatile enough (and customizable enough) to go with a whole host of different mains.

Nothing against this challenge, I hope I can get an entry through.. But as you know JAS_OH1 my Remicade dose is planned on thursday, so I'm not quite feeling capable of cooking much. Most of what I post are leftovers reheated from the freezer or easy 10 minute cooking type of things.
But the medicine has so far always made me feel much better the first week after it, so I'm hoping I am ready to roll next week. Rice should be something I can go for!

So about a week to go and I really expected to see more entries than what has been submitted thus far. I do understand that many people have time constraints with work and family. Just because I am on vacation doesn't mean that everyone needs to take it easy on me! Bring on the rice recipes!

I've got 1 for sure in next few days. Maybe another but I have to look and see if it has already been posted.

I've got 1 for sure in next few days. Maybe another but I have to look and see if it has already been posted.
I had seen you are allowed to change up previous recipe entries slightly and re-enter. I am cool with that.

Back
Top Bottom