The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Sesame Seeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
20180507_140139.jpg

Home-made humus and falafel.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my sons favorite dishes is Ahi Tuna. I've been planning on making it with sesame seeds. Now is as good of time as any. That will probably be a SAT/SUN dish :)

Well, I'm trying not to look for recipes. I accidentally came across the one while looking at a recipe we had chosen to have for dinner, and the other one I saw when I was looking to see if the first was on line.

I made some bread today and used sesame seeds for the topping - for some reason they were on my mind! :D I'm not putting this in as an entry but its relevant, so I'm posting the pics. It was meant to be Pain d'epi but for some reason the dough rose too much in proving, so the shape is blurred. It still looked nice though:

fullsizeoutput_33c3.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_33c5.jpeg

That's what made me make them. I can get them here but $$$

I was thinking about the cost of the ones you made - partly because I've a couple of times tried to make cereal bars and then realised it was far far cheaper to buy them ready made!

Do you have an idea of how much they cost per bar?

Do you have an idea of how much they cost per bar?
Not sure but 250g of sesame seeds was only $2.49 and the cherries were home grown. I don't think the rice syrup was much either and it can easily be switched for honey and sugar. I used maybe a 1/6th of the jar, if that. I'll ask hubby what he paid, or see if I can see it on the shelves in the supermarket in the morning. It won't be expensive here. The almonds and basils where only a very small quantity, so again cost wise will have been next to nothing and I nearly I used peanuts instead.

I googled the cost of brown rice (malt) syrup and the supermarket I use sells it at its cheapest for $3.80 for a jar that is 500g or you can pay $5.49 for a mid range one (I quit sugar, that's the brand name btw) or go organic for an entire $7.99).
UK equiv prices are roughly half and round up a touch, so $3.80 I would call £2.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom