The CookingBites recipe challenge: sweet potatoes or yams

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought so. I'll be boycotting recipe challenges, hence forth, and will also boycott posting any new recipes whether part of the challenges or not.

I don’t think anyone thought you were serious about the request, but making a statement like this only 30 minutes later is no fun for anyone. You do understand that we’re all on this forum for fun, and the judging for the challenges is always subjective, right?

It would be inappropriate of me to discuss what is going on behind the scenes here. CB has a bit of a hypocrisy going on regarding how friendly and open a web site it is. My decision has been made in response to prior events (jab posts) going back in time, which I at first tried to tolerate, but eventually had to put a member on my ignore list. And apparently, that didn't go over well. That person will not come off my ignore list, regardless of whose buddy they are.
I'm sure if you just give MG time, she'll get it corrected/added. She may have had something pop up in real life that's taking precedence right now. I'd give it 24 hours.

I went shopping today...

SweetTaters001.jpg

I have no idea what I'm going to do with them, yet, but I guess I'm committed.

CD

I'm in the development stage of a vegetarian entree for the restaurant with either sweet potato or yam. I'm leaning towards yam simply because of the sugar content.....it's more flexible simply because I don't have to aggressively counter the sweetness of a sweet potato. I'm leaning towards a South American or Mexican theme. Looking forward to the creativity that I find quite apparent on this site. :) I'll post the recipe in another forum if I decide not to enter this challenge.

Last edited:
Maybe, while your in the mood for making corrections, you can correct the list of previous winners which omits my win for a recipe using wine.

:whistling:

Done. In fact I logged off last night (7.30 pm my time) and have only just seen your request. It was, in any case, on my 'to do' list (which believe me is rather long!). If you thought I was still logged in last night then its worth pointing out that there is a time lag after someone logs out and the forum still shows them as present for about 10 minutes.

General Mod.Comment: Please use the Report button to report any items of concern with processes or members. Do not derail threads.

I'm in the development stage of a vegetarian entree for the restaurant with either sweet potato or yam. I'm leaning towards yam simply because of the sugar content.....it's more flexible simply because I don't have to aggressively counter the sweetness of a sweet potato. I'm leaning towards a South American or Mexican theme. Looking forward to the creativity that I find quite apparent on this site. :) I'll post the recipe in another forum if I decide not to enter this challenge.

I hope you do decide to enter. :okay:

Mod.comment:

Please note that sweet potatoes and yams are two different things although in the USA the name 'yams' is often used to refer to sweet potatoes. Either sweet potatoes or yams (or both together) are acceptable for this challenge.

What's the Difference Between a Sweet Potato and a Yam?
As someone who grew up in the Caribbean, I appreciate the acknowledgement that they are indeed two different tubers.

I am very much interested in this challenge as I've recently rediscovered a love for sweet potatoes, but so far all I do is roast them and enjoy as is, sans additives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom