The CookingBites recipe challenge: sweet potatoes or yams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recipe - Roasted root vegetables

7546-b9d6e94584ccf198fa8773a6fff18bbb.jpg

Recipe - Sweet and Spicy Twice Baked Sweet Potato

Mixing sweet and heat is pretty common in Texas, and I love it. This has baked sweet potato flesh (obviously), butter, dark brown sugar and maple syrup, and some very finely sliced cayenne peppers picked fresh from my garden, all mashed together. Baked a second time, then garnished with a finely diced jalapeño, also fresh picked from my garden.

SweetTater001.jpg

CD

Last edited:
I learned something new about baking sweet potatoes. Instead of baking at 350-400F (176-204C) like you would a white russet, bake them at a lower temperature for a longer time -- 275F (135C) for a few hours -- until you reach 200F (94C) internal temperature.

The flesh inside turns out smooth and creamy, like mashed potatoes. The flavor is also excellent.

CD

Last edited:
I learned something new about baking sweet potatoes. Instead of baking at 350-400F (176-204C) like you would a white russet, bake them at a lower temperature for a longer time -- 275F (135C) for a few hours -- until you reach 200F (94C) internal temperature.

The flesh inside turns out smooth and creamy, like mashed potatoes. The flavor is also excellent.

CD

That is most interesting. I must try it. :okay:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom