The CookingBites recipe challenge: sweet potatoes or yams

Status
Not open for further replies.
TastyReuben: if I recall, you said not so long ago:

I don't particularly care for sweet yamtaters,

You've just posted two really delicious-looking recipes. Do you think the tide is turning for you?
You've also got me trying to come up with alternate lyrics to CCR's "Sweet Hitchhiker" using "sweet yamtaters." :laugh:

Sweet potato polenta with braised mushrooms & onions:

Last edited:
The second one we call orange kumara. I have one in my fridge ATM. I'm experimenting on a dish I was served recently, crispy fries. I will report the final pics when I perfect it.

Russ

Yam fries and sweet potato fries are common enough. I will be doing somethings that are out of the ordinary, but one thing that has been done before, I think. I'll just put my own twist on it.

Here comes another one:

Recipe - Buttered Sweet Potato Knot Rolls

These are pretty easy and pretty good as well. I love how you can see flecks of sweet potato in the dough.

I made this a lot easier on myself by using the stand mixer. I was also feeling really bad about my knot-tying skills until I went out and watched a baking instructor show how to do it, and his looked like mine, so either I'm at instructor-level with my shaping or he's crap as well. :laugh:

Anyway, these are just beautifully soft and pillowy, very light and delicate. We're having stew tonight, and I'm looking forward to a couple of these joining in.
Well I'll be. I might be able to stomach those, especially dipped in stew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom