The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Wine

Raspberry Wine Coulis

full.jpg

I recall reading some time ago that, when cooking with sherry, use one that you enjoy drinking. "Cooking sherry" adds salt, which doesn't help the dish (you want to regulate the salt level yourself). Plus, "cooking sherries" often don't taste particularly good by themselves.
Cooking wines in general are not good wine. I would never go out and spend 30 bucks on a wine I’m going to cook with, but it at least needs to be a wine I can drink, and enjoy.

I already have my first entry in my head, but have a fridge full of ham and bean soup, I can’t get to the store through the weather, and my electricity is only on 50% of the time. So that gives other members plenty of time to cook what I’m thinking of before I do.

CD

I already have my first entry in my head, but have a fridge full of ham and bean soup, I can’t get to the store through the weather, and my electricity is only on 50% of the time. So that gives other members plenty of time to cook what I’m thinking of before I do.

CD
What's the weather like where you are? This is the view outside my door today. And, I cleared the snow that fell yesterday, before this was dumped on Michigan.

DBDBD8F5-71D7-4F58-BA44-5B094C3A508E.jpeg

No no no no no no.
And no again.
Please don't.
That's all I'm going to say.

Surprisingly I don't use wine very much in cooking - I do drink plenty of it though :drink:
I'm going to have to get thinking.......for the moment though I'll just leave you a photo of one of our wine racks:
View attachment 57216
I want this.

And while my current cat won't try to climb this (she's elderly) any future pets I get would consider it a cat tree or something...

Back
Top Bottom