The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Wine

my rendition of @flyinglentris’ Beef Barley Wine Soup. Comments and adjustments will be posted that recipe shortly. By the way, don’t take adjustments I made personally. Consider these two facts: 1) it’s me, 2) I am making a recipe.

Of course I’m going to change it. I don’t care if you are a famous chef. There’s probably something about what you did that I want to change. You’re in good company.

I hardly ever use a recipe unchanged. It's a guide, not a rule.

I'm glad to see that you tried it with whatever changes you made.

How'd it taste to you?

The Beef Cheeks was an old recipe...but this is a new one (for me). Chicken Liver Tagliatelle With a Creamy Madeira Sauce.

Recipe & Video - Chicken Liver Tagliatelle in a Creamy Madeira Sauce

Tuscan Beef in Chianti - no pictures I'm afraid

Well, this is "dangerously" close to the entry I have planned, Peposa Dell'Impruneta (Tuscan Black Pepper Beef). I'm going to make it anyway, since I already bought 40-bucks worth of ingredients, and I've wanted to make it for a long time.

I figured there was no way someone would make this before me, and technically, you didn't, but I seem to be cursed in challenges by entries that are a lot like my planned entries being posted before mine. :facepalm:

CD

Recipe - Peposa Dell'Impruneta (Tuscan Black Pepper Beef)

This is a Chef John recipe I have been wanting to make for a long time. I made very few changes.

I thought the pepper and/or the Chianti would be overpowering, but actually not. Early in the cook, the Chianti was very strong, but as it cooked and the meat fat rendered, it got more beefy, and turned out well balanced, IMO.

Not very photogenic -- it turns out rather monotone and dark, but it tasted good.

Peposa001.jpg

CD

Thank you, everybody, for your recipes so far. The fact that I am making a number of your recipes means I will certainly use up all my wine. This wasn’t the goal when I chose this ingredient: I love adding a technique or style to my arsenal. It makes food taste better, because you make it that way.

This means I will actually have to buy wine from time to time. I love that: I feel like I’m more sophisticated if I’m buying wine instead of hard liquor or beer.

oh… And, this: chicken breast, brussels sprouts, balsamic vinegar, Chardonnay, oil this time. Thank you all for continuing to inspire me.

View attachment 57923

I just shortlisted this. :)

Well, this is "dangerously" close to the entry I have planned, Peposa Dell'Impruneta (Tuscan Black Pepper Beef). I'm going to make it anyway, since I already bought 40-bucks worth of ingredients, and I've wanted to make it for a long time.

I figured there was no way someone would make this before me, and technically, you didn't, but I seem to be cursed in challenges by entries that are a lot like my planned entries being posted before mine. :facepalm:

CD

Hey...she's 5 or 6 hours ahead of you. She had a head start! :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom